PDA

View Full Version : I have a question and need a answer

joe4800
08-25-2012, 08:47 AM
i have a picture i loaded on my carvewright software and when i put the picture on the board it makes like a frame around the picture
how do i get rid of the frame around the picture

GrammaPam
08-25-2012, 09:04 AM
When you import the photo as a pattern, de-select "floor edges" Unless you are useing 1.85, then I can't say as that's not at all normal

chief2007
08-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Try editing the picture with the pattern editing software to eliminate it the line. Trim the edges then save it back to your patterns.

You can also try raising the depth some and see if that helps as well.

AskBud
08-25-2012, 09:08 AM
i have a picture i loaded on my carvewright software and when i put the picture on the board it makes like a frame around the picture
how do i get rid of the frame around the pictureDo you have pattern editor?
AskBud

joe4800
08-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Do you have pattern editor?
AskBud

I dont have a pattern editor

lynnfrwd
08-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Import it again and use the raise/lower bar on left to remove white areas then save into pattern library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AskBud
08-25-2012, 09:57 AM
In your email to me, you attached the photo.
Its the same one you worked with about a month ago. At that time, bjbethke offered you a MPC in this post:
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?21132-Im-trying-to-set-this-up-but-im-not-that-good-at-it&p=182287#post182287
When you open the MPC, you may click on the "Extract Pattern" Icon and save just the snow mobile in your pattern library. By default, it will be titled "Yamaha Snow thing_DISP". Click on the (+) symbol and the pattern appears.

This photo was tougher than the average bear, due to the variation of the background, but bjb did a super job. He may have used other 3rd party photo editing software to accomplish this particular task.

There are several LHR tutorials, tips & Tricks, as well as my lesson links that speak to importing photos.
I suggest that your next purchase from LHR be the Scanning Probe package, which includes the Pattern Editor (PE) software access. It's better than just getting the PE by itself.
AskBud

joe4800
08-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks for all the help i got it to work