PDA

View Full Version : First Sale! Scrapbooking Club signs

badbert
08-18-2012, 02:33 AM
My Mom is a DIE_HARD Scrapbooker. She goes on weekend retreats, classes and club three or four nights a week. It's probably what keeps her so young! She is very talented too, she is often requested as guest speakers and to teach. I am very proud of her. I made a sign for the door of her Scrap-Room. 55444 She took it to class with her... and brought back FIVE ORDERS!! So my question is... What do I sell them for? How much do I charge? They are 14.5" x 9.2". I planed down a 2" x 12" to 1" so the wood was relatively cheap. But I really do not have any idea how much to charge! I am so honored they want them! And they are all really good to my Mom!!

lawrence
08-18-2012, 02:42 AM
unfinished I'd probably say 40-50 if it is pine, 50-60 for finished.... maybe a bit more, but this seems like one of those projects that if you price it right you can sell good quantity at a reasonable profit.

Other woods obviously add on an additional cost depending on what type of wood and what it costs you....

Just my .02,
Lawrence

Bigtyme
08-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Very nice looking sign, Badbert. Great design. I am probably in the same ballpark as Lawrence as far as pricing. Not sure how much carving time the sign will take and I know a lot of folks charge based on carving time. I have seen rates range from $20 to $40 per carving hour. Either way, very nice work and it always feels good when someone wants what you can create....

easybuilt
08-18-2012, 08:26 AM
That is just beautiful Bert! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing the mpc too!

Digitalwoodshop
08-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Impressive....

AL

RogerB
08-18-2012, 08:57 PM
That is very nice my wife has been doing scrapbooking for years .She likes your pattern .Nice job

CNC Carver
08-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Very nice sign. I'm surprised with all the nice work you have shared that this is the first time someone has offered to purchase some. Great work thanks for sharing!
Jeff