PDA

View Full Version : Editing scans?

autobody
01-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I scanned an object (took 16 hours) and my hot glue let go at the top of the object, it only caused a few lines in the scan however I wasn't able to completey fix it with the pattern editor. ( the eyedropper and blur tool only go so far, a clone tool would be nice ).
http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/100503/108025/Carpenter1745.jpg

Is there a way to export the scan as a standard gif file or some other standard file type for editing in a more advanced graphics program like CorelPhoto Paint?

One other question, how come the scan data from the card was 4.7 MB's but the ptn or mpw file is only ½ a MB? Does it shrink the size of the scan? Took 20 minutes to download from the card.

Thanks ~Mike

pkunk
01-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I drug it to my desktop (I'm on a Mac) as a jpg, did a quick clone and got this.

autobody
01-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I drug it to my desktop (I'm on a Mac) as a jpg, did a quick clone and got this.

I can do a screen capture and save it as anything however the screen capture is fairly small. At least with all the photos I have worked with bigger is better, a screen capture is tiny compared to the cheapest digital camera.

Maybe a Mac works differenty. Thanks for the thought.

~Mike