PDA

View Full Version : Sears got another order

63tbolt
01-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Ordered my machine today Sunday 1/28/07 .backedordered until Feb 9 2007. Nice to have Craftmans club discount . Can anyone tell me what is Percentage of problems people have had with machines is it alot . Looking at forum any % there. Looking forward to getting my machine guess you can call me a pre newbie

jdoug5170
01-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I"m trying to order my machine but can't get the sale price I've seen mentioned here. How does one become a member of the "Craftsmen Club"? Is this how one gets the sale price?

Doug

HerbO
01-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi Doug,
When I went into Sears to order I ask the salesman about the Club.
He handed me a brochure to fill out and send in.
He said I will use my Club discount for you right now.

Herb

HandTurnedMaple
01-29-2007, 06:07 PM
I went back this afternoon and got $200 refunded from my 2/19/07 purchase. I didn't have my card as I signed up on 2/17/07. But the manager there just gave me a price adjustment, no card involved. Of course this a little catalog store, and the only business remaining in a 20-store strip mall. So I'm sure every day is a struggle to convince Sears to keep them open and a $1699.99 purchase is still better than a returned item. :twisted:

Hank
01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I went to the local Sears store (medium size) on Jan 16. Asked the tool man about CC. He didn't know too much about it. I told him about the $200 discount. He went to his computer to look it up and said "I'll give you the discount". The receipt he handed me has CLUB DISCOUNT $200. I never signed up for the club. My impression is that they badly need the business. Give it a try, nothing to lose. The pickup date was Feb 5. My last check is that it's been pushed to Feb 17. Oh well.

:( Hank

jdoug5170
01-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks to all. I was able to register for the club and the number mentioned in a post above very easily. Was on hold for awhile, but otherwise, pain free. My card will be here in 6-8 weeks but they assured me that my account would be active in the computers within 24-48 hours and any discounts would be honored by salesperson pulling up the info.

Now to find out if I can order via phone. Being mobility challanged, I don't go to many stores anymore in person.

Doug

Mikebee
01-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Went down to our local Sears store, joined the Craftsman Club, applied for 0% financing and ordered my Compucarve machine. Price was $1699 plus tax. My receipt said the machine would being in for pickup on Feb. 14th. Now for the long wait. Thanks to all who have posted on this subject.

Mike :D