PDA

View Full Version : Font beveling issue

roy
01-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm trying to cut out some numbers/letters to make a child's puzzle. But using the text tool leaves me with beveled test when using outline and any significant depth (I was gong to use a depth almost through the board and then use a knife to cut out the remainder.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the bevel. Or does that only appear in Designer, and isn't wht is actually cut out?

thx, roy

Jeff_Birt
01-28-2007, 06:31 PM
If you are using the outline tool to create vector paths, use the route tool and select the 1/8" cutting bit. It has striaght sides and won't bevel. I've cut all but the last 0.1 and had good luck.

roy
01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Jeff, thanks for the reply, but I don't get it. Actually there are a lot of thngs I don't get. Anyway, what is a "route tool" as I was unable to find a reference to that term in the handbook.

thx again. roy

Jeff_Birt
01-28-2007, 06:46 PM
It's the icon in Designer that looks like a router bit. you select a path, click the 'route tool' icon, select the bit you want to use and then set the depth. There is a learning curve, Designer works more like a 3d modeling package than a CAD package but they have made some thigns really easy to do. I found myself having to break some old habits in the way I lay things out.