PDA

View Full Version : Setting the edge attachments to multiple items

bil381
08-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Is there any way of setting the edge attachment on multiple items at the same time if the distance is the same? I have a bunch of evenly spaced holes I want drilled in a piece of corian. But instead of place each hole and attaching it a specific distance from the edge I want to take a whole row of holes and set the same distance for all of them.

AskBud
08-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Is there any way of setting the edge attachment on multiple items at the same time if the distance is the same? I have a bunch of evenly spaced holes I want drilled in a piece of Corian. But instead of place each hole and attaching it a specific distance from the edge I want to take a whole row of holes and set the same distance for all of them.First, I don't think any bit other than the carving bit of approved for Corian!

Second, the new 2D package has an option called "Copy Offset" which may be what you desire (on the right material).
My "Download" link, below, has several lessons where the lesson title begins with" 2D-Copy Offset" which may be of assistance.
AskBud

bil381
08-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the help. I will take a look at your videos. Has anybody ever tried using the carvewright to drill holes in corian?
Is there any way of setting the edge attachment on multiple items at the same time if the distance is the same? I have a bunch of evenly spaced holes I want drilled in a piece of corian. But instead of place each hole and attaching it a specific distance from the edge I want to take a whole row of holes and set the same distance for all of them.

bil381
08-11-2012, 07:29 PM
the download link is not showingQUOTE=AskBud;183610]First, I don't think any bit other than the carving bit of approved for Corian!

Second, the new 2D package has an option called "Copy Offset" which may be what you desire (on the right material).
My "Download" link, below, has several lessons where the lesson title begins with" 2D-Copy Offset" which may be of assistance.
AskBud[/QUOTE]

AskBud
08-11-2012, 08:30 PM
The Download link is in my signature, below!
AskBud

badbert
08-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Couldn't you just copy and paste? Make the first hole and attach it. Then copy and paste it, and the copy should already be attached?

GrammaPam
08-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Also, constrain one, copy as many times as you need, select all, aline bottoms. They would all align with the fixed one, wouldn't they?
G.P.

Digitalwoodshop
08-12-2012, 01:08 PM
If I correctly understand the request.... Hole Placement as a GROUP...?

There is a set of alignment tools... place a bunch of holes in a row then select them all then and then select a align tool to bring them all in line at once....

Another trick is to turn on the GRID AND center on board and make the spacing the distance between the holes. Use Snap to Grid and start placing your holes.

AL

bil381
08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I have tried that. It copies the whole to the proper alignment but it does it one mesurement down and one to the right. I haven't figured out how to di it by selecting a whole row.

Also, constrain one, copy as many times as you need, select all, aline bottoms. They would all align with the fixed one, wouldn't they?
G.P.

bil381
08-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I hadn't thought of setting up the grid and snapping to it. That would probably be the quickest way. Than ks.

If I correctly understand the request.... Hole Placement as a GROUP...?

There is a set of alignment tools... place a bunch of holes in a row then select them all then and then select a align tool to bring them all in line at once....

Another trick is to turn on the GRID AND center on board and make the spacing the distance between the holes. Use Snap to Grid and start placing your holes.

AL