PDA

View Full Version : taking it back-very disappointed

txstingray
01-28-2007, 03:21 PM
1st post here and only had the machine for 3 days, but I decided today that the thing is going back. For $2k, this machine is not ready for the market, IMO.

Only managed to successfully make 1 project out of 5, and after the 3rd the machine keeps diving through the wood and cutting into itself. The z-axis is tight, but even if it was loose I feel I shouldn't have to fix it myself, especially so soon after purchase.

I read somewhere in the forum where a company rep said the machine is a "hands-on" machine, then I read another post where it was said the manufacturer is having problems. Sorry, but I'd rather invest my money & time on something proven. I really liked the concept of this machine and was really looking forward to using it, but it falls flat & I don't have the time or patience to babysit and coddle it just to get a couple designs made. Maybe in another year it will be solid, but it's too much effort at this point and I'm very disappointed. From what I read, I more than likely will get great customer service if I call, but again I don't have the time or patience.

For all of you that have been successful with this machine, you should feel fortunate, but it seems there are just as many, if not more on this forum that are behind the luck curve.

Anyway, time to go get my money back.

Jon Jantz
01-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Go buy a $25,000 MultiCam. You'll find you still have to tighten and adjust things... plus you'll mess up more than 4 or 5 of your first projects because of being much more complicated to operate...

We bought a $12,000 dollar Canon color copier a while back and had service out working on it within the first month, so it can happen with any finely tuned equipment, regardless of the cost...

I've said this before on here, I guess people don't realize how remarkably easy and amazing it is for a machine to be able to do the things this thing can for $2000.

Folks, it ain't a laser printer. Get ready for some adjustment, a learning curve and a few mess-ups along the way....

Hate to see you take it back disappointed....

Malfunction
01-28-2007, 06:00 PM
yeah, it delivers a good bang for the buck imo. it's similar to learning how to rice a bicycle: you'll fall down sometimes, but if you take your lumps, there is a great payoff. :wink:

txstingray
01-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Like i said, there are the fortunate on this forum, but I'm not one of them.

I'm happy the machine has worked out for you both, but it seems like it's a hit or miss with this machine, and using the excuse that someone will have to adjust and tweek till they get the hang of it does not dismiss the problems that this machine has.

I work on and program much more complicated CNC's in an ISO 9000 and AS9100 certified organization that repairs military helicopters; I don't have to adjust those machines and I'm working with $100K parts where a few scrap pieces are unacceptable, both from a safety and business stand-point.

I realize I'm just cutting wood here, but to me my time is not worth the extra effort just to get 1 out of 5 good pieces. Maybe I expected too much quality and reliability for $2k, but I wanted at least a little piece of mind that I made a good investment.

So anyway, good luck to you that are enjoying your machine, but I now have my money back, and I don't regret it.