PDA

View Full Version : Sign Idea

unitedcases
08-07-2012, 07:55 PM
SO my wife wants me to make her a couple signs like this. I like the idea but I have no idea how they added that text on top of text. What am I missing that I am going to kick myself for later?

mtylerfl
08-07-2012, 08:01 PM
SO my wife wants me to make her a couple signs like this. I like the idea but I have no idea how they added that text on top of text. What am I missing that I am going to kick myself for later?

There are different approaches, but here's a quick/easy way to do the overlaid text...

1) Make a large Carve Region
2) Type the first Text element and set it for Raster and change the height down to 50
3) Type the second Text element (Raster and leave height at 100)

unitedcases
08-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Thats exactly what I needed, I told my wife that I couldnt figure it out and was going to put it on the forum and she said, Why? I said, Just wait and see...

chebytrk
08-07-2012, 10:35 PM
yup..... My wife thinks I know alot about my CW. When something doesn't work on my CW she asks if I can fix it. I just tell her I need to "think about how to fix it". Little does she know that I'm just waiting for a reply on the forum for my "what can I do" question. LOL.

rcdages
08-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Great Mr. Michael, as always you hit the nail on the head.

Good information for all of us......

CNC Carver
08-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks that opens up lots of neat signs.

bjbethke
08-08-2012, 02:04 PM
There are different approaches, but here's a quick/easy way to do the overlaid text...

1) Make a large Carve Region
2) Type the first Text element and set it for Raster and change the height down to 50
3) Type the second Text element (Raster and leave height at 100)
That's what your first "Tips and Tricks" is all about. Thanks for all those PDF's. BJB