PDA

View Full Version : Please Close Cover

edbisme
08-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Just replaced the roller switches, put everything back together, now when I try and do a project, It says "Please Close Cover". I bypassed the switch, still get the message. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Eddie

AskBud
08-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Just replaced the roller switches, put everything back together, now when I try and do a project, It says "Please Close Cover". I bypassed the switch, still get the message. Any ideas?
Thanks,
EddieMake sure the cover switch wires are plugged in correctly (behind the Y-rail)
QUOTE:
Route the Head Cable Harness down between the wall of the head castingand the side of the Y-motor pack, under the Y-motor pack and plug it into theconnector board as shown in Figure 16. Make sure that the connector isoriented correctly using the keying ribs and slots before plugging it in. Note that the white wire will be oriented toward the non-keypad side of the
machine.

AskBud

edbisme
08-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Just finished tearing it down again. They are plugged in correctly but taking them apart anyway, never know. Cleaning and lubing, will see after I get it back together again. Got my fingers crossed.

badbert
08-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Make sure that the Z ribbon cable is straight in the plug, if it is crooked it will short out the sensors, the switch being the first error.

edbisme
08-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Well, Checked every plug for bent pins, etc. Next step is to put my old roller switches back. Is it at all possible they could be the problem? Not sure, but that's the only thing I did. Gonna have to wait till morn, tired, g nite. Well, went to the manual and apparently there are 2 switches on the lid. Checked the one I didn't know was there, it's bad. Waiting for part, hope that does it. Thanks for everyone's help.

ktjwilliams
08-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Yep 2 switches, was gonna mention that when I was reading the problem and the responses but glad to see U figured it out for URself.... Personally I prefer to bypass those switches... I like to able to open the lid while carving...

Kevin

CNC Carver
08-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Not a good idea to bypass saftey switches as machine can startup anytime when they are bypassed. Expecially the cut motor switch on the non keyboard side.

Digitalwoodshop
08-07-2012, 09:14 PM
And to further harp on bypassing the switches.... IF the C1 Cap Snaps Off.... The act of changing the bit can cause the vibration necessary to let the one leg cap vibrate and touch the broken wire and that SIR... Can TURN ON the CUT MOTOR.... My 3 of 4 Machines all had a broken C1 Cap and with the clear cover close, power on, a card in the machine, THUMPING on the top of the machine on the right side of the keypad caused the Cut Motor to start.... Can we say "Welcome to the 8 and 9 Digit Club.... Nuff Said... We are all big boys.... Like changing the Fan Belt while your 8 year old sits in the car with the keys in the ignition.... do you feel Lucky Clint would say...

AL

edbisme
08-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Only bypassed to troubleshoot. Didn't use the machine. Thanks for the help. Tested the other switch on the other side of the lid, it was no good. Guess it just picked that time to go bad. Thanks again for the help. Good to know I can check here to find answers to my problems. Now on a different note. Going to buy a used machine tomorrow. Any problems using someone else"s machine? I know itwon"t be registered to me but is that an issue?

AskBud
08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Only bypassed to troubleshoot. Didn't use the machine. Thanks for the help. Tested the other switch on the other side of the lid, it was no good. Guess it just picked that time to go bad. Thanks again for the help. Good to know I can check here to find answers to my problems. Now on a different note. Going to buy a used machine tomorrow. Any problems using someone else"s machine? I know itwon"t be registered to me but is that an issue?You can have the 2nd machine registered in your name, however, I think you need a release from the original owner. A call to LHR may help you prior to picking up the unit. It may be helpful.
AskBud

edbisme
08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks Bud, I'll make the call tomorrow and ask.

easybuilt
08-08-2012, 12:53 AM
LHR will want a copy of your sales receipt or something from the owner to be sure the sale is illegitimate. Be sure you get it when you pick up the machine. You will be able to fax it or scan a copy for them.

chebytrk
08-08-2012, 06:56 AM
I was able to have an email sent to LHR from the owner (providing contact info & CW ser #) as proof of sale (was also a Forum member). After that I was able to register my 2d CW.

kroskam
09-21-2012, 06:44 AM
I was able to purchase both switches (Cut Motor/Cover) from Sears Parts for $12.99 and 7.99 respectively. The part #s are P007-00006 for the cut motor, and P007-00007 for the cover switch. The cut motor switch is on the side farthest from the Control Panel, and the cover switch is closest to the Control Panel. My switches are soldered onto the wires so a little solder and shrink tubing is required.