PDA

View Full Version : Barter for new system ??

Ropdoc
08-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Good afternoon,

I am posting the question about bartering for a new system with scanner and various software packages. I have the original system and wish to upgrade. Has this been posted before and is it a bad thing to ask?

Thank you for your time,
Dave Anderson

dbfletcher
08-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm not actually sure what you are asking. Since most of the software add on's are not transferable, it would be difficult to find someone with any to barter with?? Or am I just missing your point?

Ropdoc
08-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I am looking to barter for an enitre system.

chebytrk
08-02-2012, 07:38 PM
my wife has been trying to barter me off for the longest, but she never gets any takers! She said she's about ready to stop cause it's taken 41yrs to get me 50% trained to her standards. So… I WON!..... Shhhhhhhhh. LOL. ;-)

mtylerfl
08-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I am looking to barter for an enitre system.

I guess the question is...what are you bartering with? Your motorcycle?:)

lawrence
08-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm not actually sure what you are asking. Since most of the software add on's are not transferable, it would be difficult to find someone with any to barter with?? Or am I just missing your point?

+1 - Dave, I think we're just unclear about what it is you're asking to do-- trade an old system (type A or B) for a new model (type C?)? Again, the software isn't transferable, so selling used versions of the software isn't possible.

Lawrence

easybuilt
08-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Jerry your so funny:):)
You want to barter an old system for a new one??? interesting?

Ropdoc
08-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I have my bombardier ds650 quad. It is a monster. I have an fl250 honda odyssey. I just don't have money to buy a new system. The one I have is just about on its last leg.

I was also hoping to talk about options or what to trade for.

Digitalwoodshop
08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I have 4 "A" units, and with a few replacement parts my "A" can act like a "C".... They just don't Wear Out to the point that they are not cost effective to NOT put money into a few parts.... I got over 1000 Cut Hours out of the Cut Motor, 5 Brush Changes then broke a wire and retired it for another Cut Motor I had in parts. 8 new Roller Rail Bearings and 4 new Rails OR just buff them and ROTATE THEM.... New Y bearings in the Gear Box... New Sand Paper Belts, Flex Shaft, and a Detail Clean and LUBE and your back up and running....

Sure it would be GREAT to have a new "C" version.... But IF you are up to the task.... Do a Overhaul... I see you are in Orange County CA... Someone might be near you willing to assist...

OR put the Bikes on Craig's List and take the Cash and Buy a machine...

Good Luck,

AL

unitedcases
08-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Upgrades are feasible. I have a B and all I have done is the rock and the backlit lcd. Runs like a champ.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2.