PDA

View Full Version : Removing the machine cover to perform maintainance

Ton80
08-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I've felt that every time I remove the cover for the machine that the cable on the back side of the machine ( power lead connecting the lid switch ) is too short and it becomes a hassle trying to find a way to support the cover without stressing the wires. Is it recommended to disconnect those wires at the connection point to ease cleaning of the machine? The manual says not to disconnect it. Really wish this didn't feel so awkward.

fwharris
08-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Most times I will disconnect the cut motor wires and set the cover a side to work on the machine.

chebytrk
08-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey Floyd,
Talking about covers....... is it fairly simple to change out the clear front cover on the CW? I'm going to change mine out this afternoon and haven't done it before. Looks fairly simple, just wonder if there is anything to look out for while doing it.

Digitalwoodshop
08-01-2012, 12:02 PM
A easy trick to remember when plugging the wires back in understanding what is going on here takes the fear out of un plugging the wires....

A Black and White wire comes from the X Termination Board under the machine bringing power to the Cut Motor. Black is HOT and White is Return.

The Cut Motor has a Black and a White Wire.

The Right side Clear Cover Safety Switch has a Black and a White Wire. It would have been better to use 2 white wires for this to remove some confusion for the users. I have never seen a "B" or "C" machine so I don't know if they used 2 white wires in later machines. But the Switch is a Simple in and out.... The Switch is designed to go into the RETURN side of the Cut Motor and When the cover is open the Cut Motor would not start.

So with that long winded reply....

The BLACK wire from the underside of the machine to the BLACK of the Cut Motor.

The White Wire from the underside of the machine to EITHER Black or White wire of the Cover Switch.

The Left Over Wire from the Cover Switch to the White Wire to the Cut Motor... EASY...

AL

fwharris
08-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey Floyd,
Talking about covers....... is it fairly simple to change out the clear front cover on the CW? I'm going to change mine out this afternoon and haven't done it before. Looks fairly simple, just wonder if there is anything to look out for while doing it.

Jerry,

It is a simple job! Two screws on each hinge. Best to do this with the cover removed. Only thing to be aware of is the hinge pins once you remove the screws.

chebytrk
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Gracias Floyd! ( that means Thank you for all you "Spanish Impaired" out there)! LOL :-D

Jerry,

It is a simple job! Two screws on each hinge. Best to do this with the cover removed. Only thing to be aware of is the hinge pins once you remove the screws.

fwharris
08-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Gracias Floyd! ( that means Thank you for all you "Spanish Impaired" out there)! LOL :-D

con mucho gusto

Digitalwoodshop
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Once the top cover is removed be gentle moving it around, the Clear Top has no mechanical stop and will rest on the two switches and can cause damage to the switches or the clear cover tang that operates the switches. Support the clear cover as you move it....

And the plug of wires for the left side switch, the white wire goes to the center when you plug it in... You can plug it in 180 degrees out and get a open cover all the time.

AL

cestout
08-02-2012, 04:18 PM
If you have the cover and end off to work on the Y stuff, re-install the end last. That way you can get at the B&W wires to tuck them properly in place.
Clint

Ton80
08-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Once the top cover is removed be gentle moving it around, the Clear Top has no mechanical stop and will rest on the two switches and can cause damage to the switches or the clear cover tang that operates the switches. Support the clear cover as you move it....

And the plug of wires for the left side switch, the white wire goes to the center when you plug it in... You can plug it in 180 degrees out and get a open cover all the time.

AL

I put a small "x" on the top before unplugging this so that I didn't have to worry about accidentally plugging back in the wrong way.