PDA

View Full Version : Grounding Ringneck Blues Collector

Milanth
07-25-2012, 08:52 PM
I need to know how to ground my new RingNeck Blues Collector. I just got it today. Now my dust collector is run to a large metal trash can. Then another hose comes out and goes to the machine. How would I ground the RingNeck with this dust setup. I read a post that was a week ago but I figured I better ask since my dust collector is set up different.

fwharris
07-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Do you have any grounding system in place on your dust collector???

I would run a ground lead from the DC to the trash can separator, from the can continue with the lead up to the CW. At the CW pig tail off so you can attach leads to the out feed tables and the insert. I use alligator clips to attach to the machine. Hope this helps you out and a big thanks for purchasing my DC-INSERT!

Milanth
07-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I had thought about emailing you. I didn't know if anyone was up on here. I have no ground whatsoever on my dust collector. I have a read a lot about your RingNeck Blues. I wish I had bought it a long time ago. I have had a lot of problems all because of dust. I just have procrastinated. It would have saved me a lot of money and time if I had. Thanks for your input. I will have my husband run the grounds as you suggest. I am very careful about the static in my Carvewright.

ladjr
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I had thought about emailing you. I didn't know if anyone was up on here. I have no ground whatsoever on my dust collector. I have a read a lot about your RingNeck Blues. I wish I had bought it a long time ago. I have had a lot of problems all because of dust. I just have procrastinated. It would have saved me a lot of money and time if I had. Thanks for your input. I will have my husband run the grounds as you suggest. I am very careful about the static in my Carvewright.

You will love the DC-Insert from Floyd I have three machines and two are using his DC. The only reason the three machine isn't is because it is still in the box from CW

fwharris
07-25-2012, 10:07 PM

No problem with email or a phone call!! The insert will help with a lot of the dust issues in the machine for sure. You will still have to clean but the amount and frequency will be reduced for sure.

I am sure your DC has a ground plug. You can attach a ground wire to any bolt on the motor case, loosen a bolt and attache the wire and tighten the bolt. For ease of moving or working on anything make the connection so it can be easily disconnected (clips).

Milanth
07-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes it does have a ground plug. I thought you meant another way of grounding sorry. I do need it where I can disconnect it from the CW. I will only hook it up to the CW when I use it.

fwharris
07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Yes it does have a ground plug. I thought you meant another way of grounding sorry. I do need it where I can disconnect it from the CW. I will only hook it up to the CW when I use it.

I would recommend that you have it set up so you can disconnect with ease (alligator clips or quick disconnects) at both the CW and DC. Along with the grounding at the DC you can attach a ground lead from the grounding terminal of the outlet you have the DC plugged into. Run this to the DC.. the go as posted for the rest of the ground wire run

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2012, 01:07 AM
I would love to try the Neon Bulb trick and see if I can get it to GLOW..... Back in the CB Radio Days, you could take a long lead Neon Bulb and wrap both leads around the top of the metal antenna. Hit Transmit and it would Glow.... Smokey loved it IF you were reporting a Bear in the Bushes....

My thinking is that I generate enough static to light the neon bulb with the Ground off the collector.... and cutting.... That would make a GREAT You Tube Dust Collector Video... A project for another day....

Good Job with the Trash Can Seperator..... Like said.... Connect ALL metal parts together with Wire and Clips back to the Dust Collector Frame.

AL

After 2 AM... Sleep time.... Work time over...