PDA

View Full Version : Error E12-0138

Denise
07-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Not seen this error before and I don't see it on this forum when using the search. Carved fine about an hour ago. Went to carve again and it said the "close door" message. Now it shows error E12-0138. Anyone have any ideas?

Denise

Denise
07-22-2012, 05:53 PM
More information that is helpful.....This is not a purchased image that is being carved, it is my own and not locked/licensed. Looking for the list of Error Codes but can't seem to locate them...any help is appreciated

D

fwharris
07-22-2012, 06:02 PM
got to the main CW site.. support... maintenance.. listed there

Denise
07-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Thank you fwharris

Denise
07-22-2012, 06:10 PM
1. I did find the list of Error Codes. http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

2. My error code is not listed. Anyone have any suggestions? Error code is E12-0138. What area is E12 to determine the issue?

Rich and Denise

fwharris
07-22-2012, 06:14 PM
1. I did find the list of Error Codes. http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

2. My error code is not listed. Anyone have any suggestions? Error code is E12-0138. What area is E12 to determine the issue?

Rich and Denise

It would help if you could be more descriptive of what the machine was doing before and at the time of the error.. No clues really on the code number

Denise
07-22-2012, 06:44 PM
I had completed a corian carve. About an hour later I was asked to make another of the same thing. Its a small carving, the machine was cleaned and vacuumed before and after each use. I also have an attached shop fox on all my machines during carving. When I tried to start this carve, my 5 year old was helping me put the card in. he didn't put it in all the way and turned on the machine. I didn't notice it immediately, but when I did I turned off the machine. Waited about 15 seconds and turned it back on. Received an error that to close the lid. hit cancel and it gave me error E12-0138.

The machine is an older A machine with modified upgrades. Has been a good performer and hope it is an easy fix. I do have a C machine also, so I am still able to play.

Hope this is enough info fwharris. Thanks in advance for helping

Denise

fwharris
07-22-2012, 06:56 PM
I had completed a corian carve. About an hour later I was asked to make another of the same thing. Its a small carving, the machine was cleaned and vacuumed before and after each use. I also have an attached shop fox on all my machines during carving. When I tried to start this carve, my 5 year old was helping me put the card in. he didn't put it in all the way and turned on the machine. I didn't notice it immediately, but when I did I turned off the machine. Waited about 15 seconds and turned it back on. Received an error that to close the lid. hit cancel and it gave me error E12-0138.

The machine is an older A machine with modified upgrades. Has been a good performer and hope it is an easy fix. I do have a C machine also, so I am still able to play.

Hope this is enough info fwharris. Thanks in advance for helping

Denise

Have you cycled the power off and on to see if the error cleared? Also when you got the error did it say Y or Z stall?

When you were vacuuming out the machine was it turned off and were you grounding yourself (in contact with the machine) to the machine while doing so?

Carving Corian can get messy and the dust/chips can and will get into the drive belts and gears. It will also pack down on the Y and Z rails and bearings. With the machine off how is the truck travel in the Y direction? smooth, bumpy, drags???

Denise
07-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Have you cycled the power off and on to see if the error cleared? Also when you got the error did it say Y or Z stall?

I did try to cycle the power. Unplugged for 30 min to be sure...I still get the close cover error, but didn't see the E12 error again. Did not get Y or Z stall error.

When you were vacuuming out the machine was it turned off and were you grounding yourself (in contact with the machine) to the machine while doing so?

Yes, I place one hand on the machine when I vacuum it out

Carving Corian can get messy and the dust/chips can and will get into the drive belts and gears. It will also pack down on the Y and Z rails and bearings. With the machine off how is the truck travel in the Y direction? smooth, bumpy, drags???

Have had issues with the corian clogging in the past, however i have learned to maintain constant cleaning for best performance. They truck moves smoothly both up and down and sideways.

AskBud
07-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Like you, I did not find that error listed. However, several other errors codes in the teens point to Stop being pushed after an initial error message, which forces the new message.
AskBud

Denise
07-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks Bud...I am thinking it is just focused on the cover switch...I think one of them or both need replacing

Digitalwoodshop
07-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Upside down card?

I would unplug the machine and remove the bottom and inspect the Computer where the Card Plugs in.... The Computer has MALE pins that could have been bent....

If you can get past the error do sensor checks looking for problems.

Lets hope it is not a Vacuum Problem with static.

Good Luck,

AL

AskBud
07-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks Bud...I am thinking it is just focused on the cover switch...I think one of them or both need replacingThe cover switch/sensor is the one on the keyboard side. I would begin by doing a sensor check. If it operates well when you activate it with a pencil or small screwdriver, then your problem may just be its position or how the cover depresses it (a minor adjustment or a loose screw on the switch or cover hinge area.

If the sensor check is bad, first check for a loose wire.
AskBud

Denise
07-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Checked the switches and there is a loose wire on the one (keyboard side) they look in rough condition as they sit. Will probably replace it just for preventative maintenance.

Denise
07-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks Al will give that a shot

RMarkey
07-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I've never seen that error actually occur, and I won't try to describe what it entails.

However, it involves navigating through projects on your card, so reformatting your card may solve the problem.

Denise
07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks Metallus, will use a different card first to see if that makes a difference