PDA

View Full Version : Help with Machine--Zaxis

tmac
07-20-2012, 09:32 PM
This is my first time posting so please excuse me if something note right. My machine quit in the middle of carving a cribbage board with a Z-axis stall error code 06-0313. Tried a couple more times with new board with same results. After reading forum and trying several of the recommendations here I now get the error when trying to even run the test. When I turn on machine, go to 0 and 8 get the test x axis. when enter i get return message remove bit and board then press any key. when pressed the machine goes back to the x axis test. if perss enter it just does nothing. It does the same thing no matter what test I try. If the board and bit in the machine comes on and as soon as I select the project I get the Z axis stall 06-0313. immediately. The machine is a c series with just over 100 hours but I have had nothing but problems since day 1. Getting very frustrated. Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help

henry1
07-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Try this pdf file

Digitalwoodshop
07-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I think you posted in the Test Forum last night about this and also said you had 100 hours on the machine. In that case the first this I would do is replace the FSC Cable that goes from the Z Head to the Main Circuit Board. About 3/4 inch wide 14 conductor. They can become easily damaged giving you the problem.

Other than that....

FSC Cable is loose
Loose Motor or Gearbox
Frozen Z Roller Bearings
Dirt in the Z Belt Cogs
Z Encoder is Dirty
Z Motor is Bad
Computer and the Z Servo Driver inside are bad.

Hope this helps.

AL

cestout
07-22-2012, 07:47 PM
I am late getting here, but a quick check - remove the sweepers from the Z rollers. Move the z truck up and down and see if all the rollers roll. Put your fingers on them to feel if they roll. Any question, place 2 paper supermarket shopping bags over your traction belts and squirt a little WD40 between the truck and each roller and move the truck up and down. If they were stiff or stuck, you should feel a difference. I rescind what I have said in previous posts about preferring to use 3in1 oil. That seems to cause the rollers to gum up more frequently.
Clint