PDA

View Full Version : Personal memorial pet plaque help please

Gary Koval
07-19-2012, 03:35 PM
We recently and unexpectantly lost one of three "Goldens", because of what my wife and I think was a bad heartworn, flea, and tick medication. This really hit close to home because I was closest to this one, Boomer, always the one making trouble, but the first one to get "mommy slippies" from her closet in the winter when her feet were cold, or to bring me a "cold one" when I was in my chair. Okay, I know enough of the mushy stuff and to the "Help" wanted stuff. So I want to make a memorial plaque for the area in which his ashes will be buried. I have a pic and will try to crop the background out of it. What I was wondering is if I update my software to the newest, could someone that has the new 2D/3D, which I can't afford right now, make the pic into something that I could carve for this project? I have attached the pic unedited just wondering about this..
Thanks,
Gary

P.S. Again I will edit the pic when I get a chance, I just need to know if this is doable before I go through the hassle.

lawrence
07-19-2012, 04:23 PM
that is doable and I will try to make a go of it tonight if I can. Don't worry about cropping, it's a pretty insignificant part of the process, but if you could, email me the largest pic you have to the email I'll send you in a PM

I'm sorry for your loss,
Lawrence

easybuilt
07-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Very pretty dog. I am sorry for your loss Gary, I sure he was just one of the family. Lawrence will do a awesome job for you.

lawrence
07-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Gary, did you get my PM?

Lawrence

Gary Koval
07-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Lawrence,
Had the grandkids for an overnighter, got side tracked till this morning, will send to the address provided A.S.A.P., thanks so much- Gary

bobtom
07-20-2012, 10:21 AM
So sorry for your loss. I too have also lost a number of goldens over the last few years.
Never to be replaced in my heart. As to the medication, I too had a dog get a bad reaction
from a flea and tick medication. We held and loved him all night, until we could get him
to a vet. Many days ( and dollars ) later we have a healthy dog again.
My condolences for your loss.

lawrence
07-20-2012, 06:33 PM
No problem Gary, I hope you had fun with your family and I'll try and make that pattern this weekend (we're out tonight)

Lawrence

Gary Koval
08-11-2012, 07:40 AM
I would like to thank Lawrence, for all his help in this memorial for Boomer. I completed it yesterday, and pretty happy with the outcome. Again, Lawrence- Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
Gary

easybuilt
08-11-2012, 08:15 AM
That is just beautiful and an awesome way to keep his memory alive.. Great team work with Lawrence too!

WoodenWizard
08-11-2012, 08:17 AM
That is awsome. May it bring to mind many fond memories.

Dave

CNC Carver
08-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Nice team work. I'm glad there are some many nice people on this forum helping each other.

lawrence
08-12-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm glad I could do my small part and again, that paint job is wonderful.

Sorry again for your loss - it certainly seems that Boomer was well loved and will be missed.

Lawrence

GrammaPam
08-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Certainly the other beings we share our home and lives with also share a part of our hearts. A lost is felt just the same.
The memorial is beautiful. Great work all around.
G.P.

Capt Bruce
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
That is really a loving tribute to Boomer. Well done Gentlemen and your hearts were clearly in this project.

Gary Koval
08-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Thanks, everyone for all the kind words.

luckettg
10-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Amazing art work. I did not think it probable to so closely resemble the original in a carving. The paint work I mean.
WOW!

Gary Koval
10-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Luckettg,
Seems like an eon ago, but everyday something reminds me of Boom...
Anyway thanks,
Gary