PDA

View Full Version : Problem: please load board

Geophyrd
07-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Good morning all

I am carving pretty often and just came across a problem. When I'm loading a board, my CW seems to not always recognize that a board is loaded. I pushed down on the top of my unit and that lets me move on but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Could it be head pressure? Sawdust getting into cracks and crevices? The board looks flat and smooth (ran thru jointer and planer) but could it be a slight warp?

One thing I've noticed is that when I am lowering onto the board, there's kind of a whirring noise...thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AskBud
07-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Good morning all

I am carving pretty often and just came across a problem. When I'm loading a board, my CW seems to not always recognize that a board is loaded. I pushed down on the top of my unit and that lets me move on but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Could it be head pressure? Sawdust getting into cracks and crevices? The board looks flat and smooth (ran thru jointer and planer) but could it be a slight warp?

One thing I've noticed is that when I am lowering onto the board, there's kind of a whirring noise...thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDThe compression rollers have sensors on the keyboard side. They tend to get dust in that area from time to time. use compressed air to blow them out. Blow the air from below, rolling the roller and pushing it up & down as you do this cleaning. One way I know which roller is needing the most cleaning, is to test a theory while I have the Load Board Error. I lift one end of the board, by hand, to see if that clears the error. If that does not succeed, I lift the other end. The one that clears the error is where I take extra time. Most times it seems to be the rear roller.

Yes a warp can play havoc with the sensors as well!
AskBud