PDA

View Full Version : Recent Projects

sundog2001
01-28-2007, 09:24 AM
See attached pictures. I will add more later today. I am willing to share my mpc an ptn files on request.

GregMelton
01-28-2007, 09:53 AM
I would love to get a copy of the bike repair file! It would look nice in my sons room.

How long does it take to cut out the other paterns and do you use a special bit?

My carvewright i scheduled to be in Wednesday (January 31st). I ordered it back on January 5th! I must have upset someone at Sears and this is my punishment.[/code]

Dan-Woodman
01-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Art
On the scrollsaw patterns , did you have to redraw them in designer?

sundog2001
01-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I scanned in the scrollsaw patterns, then cleaned and darkened them using Photoshop Elements.

After I imported them into Designer and used the outline command, I deleted the pattern. Most of the time it correctly closed the outline loops. Some time, however, I had to trace around the incomplete outlines using the spline tool, then delete the extra lines. It was quick and ease to duplicate these pattern this way. Note: It requires using the carving list to select or find the lines you need to work on.

See the attached example that took a lot of retracing. I'm not sure this would cut out well, however.

Aaron B
01-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I like that bicycle repair one, that is very nice.

steve99
01-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Yes I agree also, The bicycle is very nicejavascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy