PDA

View Full Version : Converting CRV to STL, PNG, DWF, or EPS

ladjr
07-15-2012, 07:39 PM
I recently purchase the stl import and have found a lot of the 3D files are CRV I'm looking for a cheap way to convert

Thanks

eelamb
07-15-2012, 10:17 PM
CRV is a coreldraw gradient file. If you have coreldraw you should be able to open it and save as another format.

ladjr
07-15-2012, 10:19 PM
CRV is a coreldraw gradient file. If you have coreldraw you should be able to open it and save as another format.

That is what everyone say. However I have CoralDraw and it won't load it.

But Thanks

mathman
07-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Have a link to a CRV file we could try? and what version of Corel Draw do you have?

ladjr
07-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Have a link to a CRV file we could try? and what version of Corel Draw do you have?

I have CoraldrawX4. I could get it to let me upload a crv file so I made a zip

Thanks

mathman
07-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Doesn't open in CorelDraw x5 either. After snooping about a bit I believe it's not a Corel file but rather VCarve or something else put out by vectric.com. At least in their forum they are frequently referencing 'crv' files.

mtylerfl
07-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Doesn't open in CorelDraw x5 either. After snooping about a bit I believe it's not a Corel file but rather VCarve or something else put out by vectric.com. At least in their forum they are frequently referencing 'crv' files.

Hello,

V-Carve Pro files end with ".crv"
Aspire files end with ".crv3d"

Neither of those file formats can be directly opened or imported into other software programs.

dbfletcher
07-16-2012, 03:34 PM
It does appear to be a v-carve pro file. If you open the file with notepad, and scan down a few lines, you will see v carve pro in plain text. You can use the notepad technique to identify all sorts of files. Microsoft has always been pretty good with sticking version info in the file itself a plain text format, but the location varies a lot from software developer to software developer.

PCW
07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
CRV file is a 2D file from Vectric Software. CRV format would require 2D Cut or vCarve to open. Also a CRV3D is a 3D format that Vectric uses and would require Aspire or 3DCut to open the file.

CRV file is not what you want for the STL importer.

Edit: I knew Michael would know.:D

mtylerfl
07-16-2012, 03:38 PM
I have CoraldrawX4. I could get it to let me upload a crv file so I made a zip

Thanks

Hi Leo,

You mentioned you "could get it (i.e., CorelDRAW X4) to let me upload a crv file". I'm not sure what you mean...a crv file can only be opened/used in V-Carve Pro or Aspire. Did you experience something else?

ladjr
07-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanls everyone for the help. I was just wondering how to open, I was told Coral but it wouldn't. Thanks again

mtylerfl
07-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanls everyone for the help. I was just wondering how to open, I was told Coral but it wouldn't. Thanks again

Thanks for the follow-up, Leo...now my world makes sense again.:)

BTW, you can always give me a call if you have questions or need help !

mathman
07-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi Leo,

You mentioned you "could get it (i.e., CorelDRAW X4) to let me upload a crv file". I'm not sure what you mean...a crv file can only be opened/used in V-Carve Pro or Aspire. Did you experience something else?

He was trying to upload a .crv file in his post and the forum software was grumpy about it - by zipping it before posting it the forum software then allowed it. :)

ladjr
07-16-2012, 06:17 PM
He was trying to upload a .crv file in his post and the forum software was grumpy about it - by zipping it before posting it the forum software then allowed it. :)

That is what I was trying to say