PDA

View Full Version : So what did I do wrong ?

Fuddly
07-14-2012, 10:47 AM
I replaced the CarveWright z-truck with the CarveTight z-truck, I replaced the sand paper belts with the rubber belts. Now I have a starboard list to the machine. It looks like the right side of the machine rides lower than the left by 1/16 or so. Admittedly it adds a nice tapered effect, but I would rather it be straight across.

Any ideas ?

DocWheeler
07-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Try this thread http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19928-how-to-level-the-head&highlight=level

Fuddly
07-14-2012, 03:39 PM
My apologies, I did not bother with the paper test, I went right to the the leveling. After the first attempt at leveling, and testing, I realized I got it from the 1/16 of an inch to roughly an RCH left to right. After I meet the requirements and finish the carve, I will try a little harder to get that RCH taken care of.

Thank you.

Digitalwoodshop
07-14-2012, 10:38 PM
A ROLLED UNDER sand paper belt will raise the keypad side of the board.... I rip off a 3/4 inch strip of the paper...

I like to use the LCD to check level... Place a wide board in the machine and crank down. Place bit on the keypad edge of the board, turn on power, Select Options, Sensor Data, then Z Data.... It will say 0000 when you turn it on. Move to the other end of the board and read 0000 for perfect....

In my case, I cut many 6 inch wide boards and the belt wears on the keypad side causing the new other side want to join the party... And it drifts over.... Just kidding... It is just a worn belt for me and the taper causes the drift...

AL