PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little help.

dragonslair
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Im trying to make a transformers plaque for my neighbor for his sons room. Ive gotten the image pretty cleaned up but am having problems with a few parts of it. Both the yellow rope and white outline around the logo in the middle look aweful in Designer and very choppy. Everthing else comes out nice and clear with great lines. And thinking I minght need to change the "global Alliance" txt at the top the letters look too skinny to carve without chipping. Hoping someone can help me clean this up. Am posting the picture file I have been working on and the mpc. Thankyou for any help any of you can give.

AskBud
07-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Im trying to make a transformers plaque for my neighbor for his sons room. Ive gotten the image pretty cleaned up but am having problems with a few parts of it. Both the yellow rope and white outline around the logo in the middle look aweful in Designer and very choppy. Everthing else comes out nice and clear with great lines. And thinking I minght need to change the "global Alliance" txt at the top the letters look too skinny to carve without chipping. Hoping someone can help me clean this up. Am posting the picture file I have been working on and the mpc. Thankyou for any help any of you can give.It would help to know what tools (CW software) you have. However, without any added software you might ger what you like by reducing your "height" setting to (50) andgoing to the Carving options and applying a medium draft.
If you have Pattern Editor, we could attack the issues within that realm. There are other options as well, but I think my first option may get you over the hump!
AskBud

ladjr
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Im trying to make a transformers plaque for my neighbor for his sons room. Ive gotten the image pretty cleaned up but am having problems with a few parts of it. Both the yellow rope and white outline around the logo in the middle look aweful in Designer and very choppy. Everthing else comes out nice and clear with great lines. And thinking I minght need to change the "global Alliance" txt at the top the letters look too skinny to carve without chipping. Hoping someone can help me clean this up. Am posting the picture file I have been working on and the mpc. Thankyou for any help any of you can give.

I broke off the section you were talking about. You can join it to your MPC. Hope this helps. You had a PNG I pulled into Coral and covered to DXF then Imported with DXF importer.

eelamb
07-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Is this what you are looking for.

ladjr
07-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Is this what you are looking for.

Eddie

How did you create a pattern. I took the PNG and converted to DXF and then imported the DXF into DXF Importer. I then broke it into 3 pices and put back together in Designer. I tried to pattern but it would do it.

eelamb
07-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I got another image off the internet. Another png, removed the black transparent background and converted to gray scale, then started working on it from there. Even designer would import it then.

ladjr
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
I got another image off the internet. Another png, removed the black transparent background and converted to gray scale, then started working on it from there. Even designer would import it then.

Thanks I'm just trying to understand what you guys do.

eelamb
07-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Here is the image I used. The transparent background was the real problem. I do use 3d software, Moi3d, ZBrush, and sometimes others as needed. On this one I used PS CS5 to see and get rid of the black mask background.

One note, dragonlair did a great job on the one he made.

eelamb
07-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Had to find it again but here is the file I had when I made the pattern.

ladjr
07-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Here is the image I used. The transparent background was the real problem. I do use 3d software, Moi3d, ZBrush, and sometimes others as needed. On this one I used PS CS5 to see and get rid of the black mask background.

One note, dragonlair did a great job on the one he made.

Thanks for the information.

eelamb
07-12-2012, 07:46 AM
For those that want a little challenge, here is an AI file. Convert it to dxf, import to designer, then use the new tools to make the pattern. or just v-carve it. Again it is the autobot logo.

Removed the rename file and added it back as a zip file.

henry1
07-12-2012, 09:04 AM
For those that want a little challenge, here is an AI file. Convert it to dxf, import to designer, then use the new tools to make the pattern. or just v-carve it. Again it is the autobot logo.

Remember to rename the extension of PTN to AI.
Sorry can't open it what prgram you need to open it

eelamb
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Henry you have to rename the file from PTN to AI. It is not a PTN file, so it can not be opened the way it is. Also it can not be opened even after renaming it in designer. This is a vector file.

You need corel or another program that will open an AI file.

eelamb
07-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Ok here is what I had in mind for the AI file I posted earlier today. The AI was done in MoI3d, and finished to what you see here in MoI3d. With a little smoothing done in ZB of the face area, which is rounded.

Note: you do not need the 2d or 3d suite to load this pattern, or carve it. Nor do you need to rename the PTN. This is a PTN file for designer.
Enjoy.