PDA

View Full Version : jpg conversion

Canemaker
07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Someone wants to see what I am working on. Is there a way to save an image using the project designer software to another format (say jpg) so they can open the image as an attachment? Maybe I'm brain dead at the moment, but I can't figure out how. Project designer only allows me to save as a mpc file. Thanks John (having another senior moment)

eelamb
07-11-2012, 03:48 PM
If you are running vista or win7, there is a great tool called snipping tool. With it you can capture an image by dragging a rectangle around the designer view and saving it.

Now if this is your pattern, and you have it saved as a ptn, and you have PE, double click on the pattern, then in PE choose file, and export as image.

For XP find a screen capture program, or press PrtScn button, then open paint program and click edit and paste. Then save the file.

lawrence
07-11-2012, 03:56 PM
If you are running vista or win7, there is a great tool called snipping took. With it you can capture an image by dragging a rectangle around the designer view and saving it.

+1 - snipping tool. I use it all the time and this is how I make my screen shots. Easy, free, safe/secure, and reliable.

Lawrence

Canemaker
07-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks for all the help, I do have vista and now I have learned something new and it is on my desktop for further use. I also have PE. Thanks again this is a lifesaver. John

Geophyrd
07-12-2012, 06:17 AM
I use a tool called Snagit which has a trial period. It's very easy and replaces the PrntScn tool on the key board. And I have used it on a bunch of images that have become patterns or images captured to show work...and it also does video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bluecobra
07-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Snipping Tool
Thanks for the info. Using Win 7 for 2 yrs now and never knew that was there. Created hot key for it.

henry1
07-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Snipping Tool
Thanks for the info. Using Win 7 for 2 yrs now and never knew that was there. Created hot key for it.
how did you creat a hot key for it still learning

Digitalwoodshop
07-12-2012, 11:53 AM
F13 or Print Screen and paste into a email and edit to actual size.

AL

lawrence
07-12-2012, 12:18 PM
F13 or Print Screen and paste into a email and edit to actual size.

AL

the really nice thing about the snipping tool is that no additional processes are required-- just draw a box around the area you want to make a picture of and then save it where you want. Also, it's not shareware or freeware but is part of the windows program itself (and is probably already on your computer) Once you use it you'll never try anything else!

I keep one on my toolbar both on my home and my work computers.

Lawrence

ladjr
07-12-2012, 12:29 PM
the really nice thing about the snipping tool is that no additional processes are required-- just draw a box around the area you want to make a picture of and then save it where you want. Also, it's not shareware or freeware but is part of the windows program itself (and is probably already on your computer) Once you use it you'll never try anything else!

I keep one on my toolbar both on my home and my work computers.

Lawrence

I have searched the internet and can't find a download. Everyone takes me to snigit is that the same thing

eelamb
07-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Leo snipping tool is part of windows vista and windows 7. It is under accessories in all programs.

lawrence
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM
yup, just got to your start button (or the big round windows button) and in the search function type in

snipping

and it should come up- from there, just drag the found one down to your toolbar on the bottom and it will be there (it looks like a pair of scissors)

Lawrence

ladjr
07-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Leo snipping tool is part of windows vista and windows 7. It is under accessories in all programs.

Eddie

Thanks I was looking all over for it and it was here all the time. Again thanks.

bluecobra
07-12-2012, 04:15 PM
how did you creat a hot key for it still learning

Find Snipping Tool in Accessories (or wherever), right click and click on properties.

In properties click once where it says "none" in the Shortcut Key area and then press the key combo you want as the hotkey(s). You'll see those keys entered as you press them.
When you get the combo you want, click the "apply" button and then the "ok" button and you're all set!

I used ctrl+shift+S so I don't interfere with the ctrl+s of save.