PDA

View Full Version : Help please. Machine cutting at different depths.

pontiak
01-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Well I got the CLEAR BOARD SENSOR fixed. But now the machine is cutting at different depths. It will cut for a few minutes. Then the depth changes. As seen on the photo. Is it something I did programming the card? Thanks for any help. Mike.http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/mikie46/Picture106.jpg

Jeff_Birt
01-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Looks like a loose Z-Truck. Do a search of the posts from today, I just posted some instuctions on how to adjust it.

pontiak
01-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks Jeff. I will check that out. Mike.

menewfy
01-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I had the same thing happen to mine and after talking to CW I ended up sending it in cause they said it is most likely an encoding issue.

give them a call on monday they will fix it for you.

tim

pontiak
01-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Tim. Is that a problem with the software?

menewfy
01-27-2007, 11:14 PM
i am not sure what is all ivolved and why i had to ship it back but thaqt is what i was told so i am waiting for it to return, it cant be soon enough.

tim

pontiak
01-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I know what you mean. I only have 20 hours on it. Worked good for the first 10 hours. Then the problems started. I really like this machine. But it has to many problems.I spent about 3 hours just getting it to work after a CLEAR BOARD SENSOR problem. Now this. I don't think its ready to be sold to the public yet. So many bugs still in it. I have been very careful with this machine.It just one problem after another. I think I'm gona take it back for a refund. And wait for a new version.

The Bard
01-28-2007, 03:27 AM
it's not "bugs" in the design.... we are having issues with the manufacturer. *sp?*

The design is solid... at least that is my opinion.

steevo
01-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Production problem indeed. I have not doubt the carvewright r&d team has done their work as far as design, but production is obviously having some problems. I figure when people get machines with the right firmware installed it may be time to reconsider purchasing - just because that will be a different lot. There is obviously a serious zaxis problem in the manufacturing process if you read at any length in the troubleshooting forum. In my opinion, until this is corrected this machine is an overpriced novelty.

I returned my machine like many others because the justification of spending that amount (for a hobbiest) cannot be justified for 50%(?) uptime if you get a good machine. I do miss it dearly and still visit the forum periodically to see what is happening, but the cost of ownership is just not justified for most casual consumers at this point.

Bard,
Are any steps being taken in production in China to correct this? When will this sucker be ready for prime time?

BoardSilly
01-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Back charging the manufacturer for correcting their manufacturing errors will put pressure on them to correct the issues quickly. :D

KarmaJon
01-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Maybe a case of too much success too soon! 10 minutes into my first project my outfeed belt broke (x-axis stall.) I took the machine apart to cobble the belt. Let me tell you, this machine is well thought out! A truly elegant design/implimentation. Much kudos to the inventors and the beta-testors.

I agree that there are items in the manufacturing process that need to be ironed out. My issue seems a simple fix (Square guide alignment is my guess)

It seems that any and every means to simplify and foolproof the machine has been attempted. The problems that I am experiencing notwithstanding, I really rate the potential of this machine as rather extraodinary. Think of the Timex/Sinclair and Commadors of old, this is a machine that is ready to be exploited!