PDA

View Full Version : z track stall problems need help

toddreed
07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm haveing a z track stall. I cleaned the z truck and greased it but I'm still getting a stall message and it stops the prodject and i have to start over

AskBud
07-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm having a z track stall. I cleaned the z truck and greased it but I'm still getting a stall message and it stops the project and i have to start overAttach your MPC and tell/show us just where the error occurs, and what carving process and bit are in the unit at the time. Is the stall part way through a particular function, or does it stall right away?
AskBud

toddreed
07-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm doing the chair picture frame and i have done it before. The stall is half way through the chair part almost to the cushion part. Its the 1/8 design bit, I have allso had the stall when trying to scan

AskBud
07-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm doing the chair picture frame and i have done it before. The stall is half way through the chair part almost to the cushion part. Its the 1/8 design bit, I have also had the stall when trying to scanI would say, by this answer, that the problem is within the machine, not the MPC.
What chuck do you have?
Is the up & down movement free and easy?
Think, also, about the mounting of the bit or probe in the chuck. It needs to be placed such as to allow the truck may reach it's bottom & top positions.
AskBud

toddreed
07-10-2012, 05:55 PM
I have the quick change chuck on the version c machine and the z truck moves freely

AskBud
07-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I have the quick change chuck on the version c machine and the z truck moves freelyThe "C" machines come with a CarveTight (CT) chuck, and take a "T" tool to tighten the bit in the chuck. The old Quick Change (QC) chuck would, usually bot be found on a "C" machine. Are you sure you have a QC. Was this an error in typing, or has your machine been modified?

If you actually have a CT chuck, do you use the new replacement carving bits that have a "press on sleeve", and did they come from LHR? Do you also have a pressed sleeve on the probe or do you have the split collets from LHR?
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
07-10-2012, 07:22 PM
My first suspect is the FSC Cable it is the easiest to damage and will cause a Z Stall.

A test of the Encoder wires of the FSC Cable is to turn the machine on and manually move the Z to the top mechanical stop. Select Options and Sensor Data and Z Data. When you first turn on the Z Data it will read 0000 that is why I ask to move it to the top mechanical stop. Even if it was in the middle it would read 0000 at that point. So once it is 0000 move the head manually up and down and return to the mechanical stop. The number should read 0000 back at the stop... If the number is different then something is wrong.

IF the number is the same... 0000 then the 2nd part of the test... Move it up and down at the same time reach back and flex the FSC Cable like it was carving....

The Encoder Wheel can spin free on the Z Shaft... Dust in the Encoder cause this.... OR a bad Z Motor...

Even a bad Power Supply can cause this....

Let us know,

AL

toddreed
07-10-2012, 08:17 PM
the z data read .003 at the top of the machine

Digitalwoodshop
07-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Then move it up and down 20 times and return to the starting point... In Theory it should be .003 again after all the movement... It should be a 4 digit number I believe... 0003. IF after the movement and returned to the starting point and the number was 2341 then that would show a problem... Computer missing pulses...

The Flex the Cable test too..... Sometimes the cable is broken but makes and breaks contact as the ends touch...

AL