PDA

View Full Version : Can you save as pattern file?

rgant05
01-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I know you can import a file such as jpg or gif and it becomes a .ptn file that can be exported as such and shared. However.... if you get an mpc file of a project and it has a really neat pattern that you would like to use on other projects, is there a way you can save that particular item as a pattern file? I know they can be copied and pasted to another project in another window, but it would be much handier to use if you had it in your pattern library instead of having to find the project that used it.

pkunk
01-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Nope.... sorta like the clock that I created. However, it may be modified, & resized to fit, text added, etc.

Ted Grinnell
01-28-2007, 01:46 PM
You cannot transfer from mpc to ptn, but what I do is create a new project and put in everything else and then save. I then open the mpc that contains what I want, click on it and then hit the copy button.
After this I open the project I want the ptn in and paste it.

Hope this helps.

rgant05
01-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Yes, Ted, that was the only way I could think of to do it. Seems like they should have incorporated the ability to shave a selected items as a pattern. I know you can spend hours generating a particular part of a complicated project and want to use it over and over. I guess it might pay to generate a screen capture and develop a jpg picture catalog of projects that would serve as a help in locating something that you have seen in other people projects that you might want to use. I know in the short time that I have been on the forum, I have collected many designs and ideas that will really be time savers in putting together new projects. Thanks for the idea.