PDA

View Full Version : puff

eelamb
07-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Ok to get you going here is an mpc of vectors to use with the puff tool. I also showed an image of the one I made using just the puff tool.

Mine was quick and dirty just to give an example. So use your talents to make something from this file.

Oh I started you out with a circle at a depth of .25 inches. Make it deeper if you want, or remove it completely. I made this vector drawing from and image off the internet as an example to be used.

cestout
07-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Is that his name or what you did? That is cute.
Clint

eelamb
07-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Clint the mpc is vectors to be used with the puff, or the other tools if you want. Name it anything you want. The image is what I did with puff to show as an example.

Edit: now I understand. No puff is the puff tool in version 1.184 designer. Sometimes a little slow here ;)

Ton80
07-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Ed,

The MPC file vector shapes are showing up as AI in the carving window and the number of nodes is quite a bit more than probably needed. I'm just curious how you got those vector shapes into Designer and why are they labeled in the carving window as AI ( Illustrator )?

eelamb
07-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Ton80, I made the vectors in a program called Moi3d, then used ai2mpc to make the mpc file. Which I opened in designer. Yes there are a lot of nodes, I was doing this quick, not for efficiency to give others something to play around with that do not have the 2d suite. I do not have either package.

Edit: added original image. ai2mpc added the extra vertices.

If you have the 2d suite, you may want to use the trace features to make the vectors from this file.

ladjr
07-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks Eddie. I like the way you used the puff command here.