PDA

View Full Version : horse scene ptn file 3.3meg

eelamb
07-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok test of upload a ptn in jpb format. Right click to download, say image as. Once downloaded rename the jpg to ptn.

Well it did not work, cam up with not a valid image file.

mtylerfl
07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Ok test of upload a ptn in jpb format. Right click to download, say image as. Once downloaded rename the jpg to ptn.

Well it did not work, cam up with not a valid image file.

Hi Eddie, have you tried zipping the file? If it gets the size down far enough, that might be a solution.

WoodenWizard
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Why is there a difference in the size of a picture (larger) and that of a Pattern or Project? Why allow one and restrict the other?

Dave

mtylerfl
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Why is there a difference in the size of a picture (larger) and that of a Pattern or Project? Why allow one and restrict the other?

Dave

I don't know. I think all forums should allow much larger file sizes overall.

eelamb
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Michael I for one think the JPG or any image file should be lowered as to max size. Right now a JPG is set to 4.7meg and a PTN is at 1.91meg (Connie increased it). I for one am lucky to even have broadband internet, yet this small phone company charges 79 per month for 1meg down, and 128K up. But it is the only one available where I am at. Thus if the image is greater than 1meg, I do not look at it, it just takes too much time to view the larger size. (I know satellite, but I would exceed the daily limits and it is only 1.5meg down and 256k up)

badbert
07-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Just open a free account here http://www.mediafire.com/ easy peasy! And they will provide the link for you to post!

ladjr
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
I understand Eddie statement, but I also beleive those of us that can load bigger files. I pay for the speed and ablitiy to down load large files fast. I think the files should be bigger.

eelamb
07-12-2012, 07:58 AM
It is not the posting, or the uploading. I feel the PTN and MPC files should be larger, and the image files need to be smaller.

Downloading a file is much faster than viewing an image file through the forum. Images make you wait, downloads do their thing in the background.

olsenla
07-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I agree, I think the image files should be a lot smaller. A lot of the forums I visit use 256kb, and some use pixels of 640 x 480. That helps a lot with bandwidth use and you still get plenty of detail. I would like to see the PTN and MPC limits raised to keep on this site.

Larry

bluecobra
07-12-2012, 09:04 AM
You can usually right click on a thumbnail and open in a new tab. That way it's loading up while you keep reading the thread.

eelamb
07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Mark, true, if I really want to see it I right click for new window.

ladjr
07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
I understand the problems, but I'm afraid of the quility of the smaller files. Now maybe we don't need the high resolution to create MPC or PTN if so than by all means lower the size.

bluecobra
07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Mark, true, if I really want to see it I right click for new window.

I don't know if it's my settings or not, but when I open in new window it does it right in front of everything, obscuring my view. That's why I go with new tab, it goes behind the current one I'm viewing and I can just click once to see it when I'm ready, plus I can tell the pic is done loading when the little circle stops spinning.

FWIW

ladjr
07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't know if it's my settings or not, but when I open in new window it does it right in front of everything, obscuring my view. That's why I go with new tab, it goes behind the current one I'm viewing and I can just click once to see it when I'm ready, plus I can tell the pic is done loading when the little circle stops spinning.

FWIW

If you are using Explorer click Tools, Internet options, and on the general Tab the last item is change how web pages are displayed. You can change it there.

badbert
07-13-2012, 03:06 AM
So where is the pattern?lol

TerryT
07-13-2012, 10:28 AM
I understand Eddie statement, but I also beleive those of us that can load bigger files. I pay for the speed and ablitiy to down load large files fast. I think the files should be bigger.

Understand, file size and picture size are two different things. You can upload a large picture and still keep the file size down by optimizing it for the web. Most graphic programs allow you to "save for the web". There are also stand alone graphic optimizer programs available. Personally I would like to see everyone post large pictures but OPTIMIZE them for the web. It would be good for everone including LHR's band width usage.

ladjr
07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Understand, file size and picture size are two different things. You can upload a large picture and still keep the file size down by optimizing it for the web. Most graphic programs allow you to "save for the web". There are also stand alone graphic optimizer programs available. Personally I would like to see everyone post large pictures but OPTIMIZE them for the web. It would be good for everone including LHR's band width usage.

Excellent point Terry