PDA

View Full Version : Last Supper Pattern?

cnsranch
07-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Finally got a request to make one of these - of the two patterns I've found, one isn't completely accurate as to the original pic - the other - "Lord Supper" is really great - I believe it was originally a scan. However, it could have used a little smoothing.

Sorry, trying not to sound critical.

Any one have a pattern I could use?

Thanks.

AskBud
07-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Finally got a request to make one of these - of the two patterns I've found, one isn't completely accurate as to the original pic - the other - "Lord Supper" is really great - I believe it was originally a scan. However, it could have used a little smoothing.

Sorry, trying not to sound critical.

Any one have a pattern I could use?

Thanks.When I search the Pattern depot, I find 8 while searching for the word "Supper". I find none using the word "Lord".
You failed to say where your two patterns came from, so we can not give valid advice on those as yet (We need File-name and the vendor-name or the link to that pattern).

If it was a free pattern, attach your MPC.
AskBud

cnsranch
07-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Bud. The two I have I downloaded waay back - I have no idea where they came from.

I'll try the search the way you suggested - thanks.

eelamb
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Jerry here is a grayscale image. Maybe it will work for you. It is in PNG format, if you have PE you can edit or smooth it.

cnsranch
07-09-2012, 01:25 PM
BTW Bud - here's the one I have....

cnsranch
07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks Eddie.

AskBud
07-09-2012, 01:37 PM
BTW Bud - here's the one I have....LS2 came from the Free site. It looks good, but I've not tested it. What I still don't know is what quality setting you were using, and what kind of roughness you had.
AskBud

cnsranch
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
It is a pretty good looking pattern, but when you zoom in closer, it's pretty rough - even on best (or low, for that matter).

I think it was a scan - the owner of the mpl can smooth it, but of course, we can't.

I also saw yours on the pattern depot - pretty nice.

LittleRedWoodshop
07-09-2012, 02:15 PM
sometimes they don't get smoothed because some of us like the texture - just saying

cnsranch
07-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Good point, Jason - I wasn't trying to be critical, like you, I was "just saying".

TerryT
07-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Jerry, I tried to enhance the detail and smooth it out. Changed it some so I don't know if it will work for you or not.

Sorry the PTN is too large. I'll try an MPC.

cnsranch
07-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks, Terry.

Here's one I pulled together from Eddie's png.

TerryT
07-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Ok, in order to post it back to this forum I would have to make it so small it would be useless.
I just noticed I messed up the corners anyway.
If you decide you want to try it you can download it from my site.
http://woodwisdom.com/down1load/LS2.ptn (http://woodwisdom.com/down1load/LS2.ptn)

gashawk
07-09-2012, 05:03 PM
I think jaroot posted the original mpc for this Last Supper. It carves well, with or witout the frame.

eelamb
07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Terry, for what ever reason we are allowed to upload 4Meg files for images, but only 1.14meg files for ptn/mpc's. I wish it was the other way around. Who ever made the original would need to post a gray scale or post the MPW file of the LS.

Wonder if this will work rename the ptn/mpc to jpg, telling everyone to rename it once downloaded to ptn/mpc again. That way you get the full 4 meg upload. It would take a right click to save image as to download though.

Never mind, came up with invalid image file. So this will not work.

lynnfrwd
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
How big is ptn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryT
07-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Who ever made the original would need to post a gray scale or post the MPW file of the LS.

I didn't think of that. I'm not the OP but I can post the grey scale I made from the original pattern. I straightened it up also. It was tilted .5 CCW.
BUT Like I said earlier, I messed up the corners somehow. Maybe I'll try again later.

TerryT
07-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Connie, it was 958K. Still wouldn't load.

lynnfrwd
07-09-2012, 06:04 PM
ptn's are set at 1.2m & mpcs at 1m, so I'm not sure why they are not uploading either.
ptn changed to 2m & mpc to 1.5m. Try now.

lynnfrwd
07-09-2012, 06:06 PM
These large files do seem to slow down the upload, especially on Tapatalk. Not that you can upload a ptn or mpc on an iPhone.

LittleRedWoodshop
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Doug Haffner has taught me to embrace the "static" of "noise" ... I like to make rustic stuff anyway.

TerryT
07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Well the pattern worked this time. DON'T FORGET TO USE BEST BIT OPTIMIZATION WHEN YOU PLACE PATTERNS. especially if the pattern creator was working with a hi res depth map. otherwise your pattern will appear prunish and shriveled looking.

cestout
07-09-2012, 06:58 PM
And Jesus said, "OK gang, everyone on this side of the table. We are going to take pictures."
Clint

LittleRedWoodshop
07-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Amen ......

chebytrk
07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey Terry,
That's what I've been curious about.... "how to make a grey scale pattern from a picture pattern". Do you mind sharing how that is done? Other words... how does one pull in an image (jpg, bmp, etc) in to what program and convert it to grey scale. I was (still am) fascinated how all those grey scale japanese patterns were made that were shared here after being found on the internet. Some of those carved great. Is it a long drawn out process in coverting something to grey scale. I understand that different shades produce different depths and some have said that one needs to kinda play with it til the right carve depth is made. However, I wondered if there was ever any type of program that would just grab a pic and convert it to grey scale with a couple pushes of buttons and that would be it. Just wondering................

I didn't think of that. I'm not the OP but I can post the grey scale I made from the original pattern. I straightened it up also. It was tilted .5 CCW.
BUT Like I said earlier, I messed up the corners somehow. Maybe I'll try again later.