PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the safty switch on the lid

Doyne
07-08-2012, 04:10 PM
When I started a project, the LED panel said "please close lid". The lid is closed, I checked the connections to the safety switch, and they appear to be connected. How do I get the switch to function correctly so that I can start a project.

Doyne

henry1
07-08-2012, 04:13 PM
the switch on left side you might have to blow some air into it that might help

DocWheeler
07-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Doyne,

type "please close" in the search window (including the quote marks since there are two words)

ladjr
07-08-2012, 04:19 PM
The best suggestion is blow out both switches and check if there is anything lodged in the switches.

Doyne
07-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I have blown out both switches, and the message "Please close cover" still appears in the LED Panel. Can the switches be bypassed? There are 2 white wires that are connected to the leads to the switches. What would happen if those wires were connected. Would this bypass the cover switches?

AskBud
07-08-2012, 05:07 PM
I have blown out both switches, and the message "Please close cover" still appears in the LED Panel. Can the switches be bypassed? There are 2 white wires that are connected to the leads to the switches. What would happen if those wires were connected. Would this bypass the cover switches?The error only applies to the keyboard side. What other work might have been done just prior to this error? Was anything taken apart?
AskBud

Doyne
07-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I had to replace the spindle flex assembly. When I removed the top cover of the machine to replace the assembly, the connectors on the right side of the machine behind the cut motor assembly pulled apart. After replacing the assembyl, and reconnecting the wire connectors, and attatching the cover, I turned the machine on and the "please close cover" error message appeared.

fwharris
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
When you put the cover back on did you re connect the left side (key board side) wires to the small circuit board behind the Y rail? These are the wires for the "close cover" switch...

Doyne
07-08-2012, 05:27 PM
I do not think those wires were disconnected. I will take the top back off to check. Thanks for the Help Floyd.

Doyne

henry1
07-08-2012, 05:35 PM
I do not think those wires were disconnected. I will take the top back off to check. Thanks for the Help Floyd.

Doyne
The wire on the left side have to be disconected to take the cover off and after the cut motor wire to disconnect if need be

henry1
07-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Doyne

Here a trouleshoot mpf

fwharris
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM

Doyne

Doyne,

Here is the pdf for the switch replacement. Good explanation for the switches and wires..
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_cover_switch.pdf

In order to take the cover completely off is to disconnect both connections, key board side for the cover switch and far side for the cut motor switch..

Doyne
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Floyd, again, thanks for your help. As you suspected, the circut board wires behind the y rail were infact not connected. I reconnected them, and replaced the cover and the problem was solved. Thanks for your help. Doyne

fwharris
07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Doyne,

Well sure glad that was the fix! ;)

rcdages
07-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Way to go Floyd.