PDA

View Full Version : A few new signs

easybuilt
07-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Here are a few of the signs I recently finished and I am working on several more. The Harley sign I gave to my next door neighbor and is from a MPC from the forum. The sign with the tree I used some of Sharron's free paint she shared with us at the conference and then I sealed it. I seur like the look, it lost some of the shine but it still gave my trees a nice different look.
The sand dollar is a free ptn form Micheal T's site, http://carvebuddy.com. Sure having fun with these. Hope you enjoy looking at them.

lawrence
07-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Those are fine looking signs-- Your finish is amazing as well.

Lawrence

ladjr
07-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Your projects are always great keep going

Leo

rcdages
07-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Signs all look good Tom.

SteveJ
07-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Nice job on the signs! I would put the Harley sign between my garage doors! Thanks for sharing the pics.

easybuilt
07-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Thank you Steve, Lawrence, Leo and Robert. I really do enjoy making and painting them.

eelamb
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Looking good Tom, will be looking for the next batch. how many hours do you have on your CW now?

easybuilt
07-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Looking good Tom, will be looking for the next batch. how many hours do you have on your CW now?
Thank you Eddie.
I have 1200 hrs one one and 1560 on the other machine. Starting to get up there in three years.

easybuilt
07-09-2012, 08:51 AM
These signs were cool to paint. I really enjoy blending the paints like Sharon showed us at the conference.

I received a fun request for a pirate ship sign yesterday, here is what I have put together, any other suggestions? The ship's name has not been finalized.
I'm also working on a whiskey and cigar bar sign with the wine barrel and a wedding venue sign. It's going to be a fun week.

SharonB
07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Wow! Tom... those came out great. I like the way you did the water... I can see more of what you were talking about at the conference. And I really like the way the Sea Dragon came out.

I haven't had time to get back out in the shop since Houston.... to much yard work. But another day or two and all that will be taken care of for a week or so. Did have fun playing with the new software last night though.

easybuilt
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks Sharon and for all of your wonderful advise! I appreciate the suggestions you made on the Paradise sign.

ladjr
07-09-2012, 03:23 PM
I really like the water one and the sails are a great idea.