PDA

View Full Version : Coreldraw Setup Tips

Jon Jantz
01-27-2007, 05:45 PM
For a few of you that are just getting CorelDraw, I did up a short little vid that demonstrates a few of the settings I use... These things will help you work in Coreldraw easier...

Also, I'd be interested in any tips some of you might have and I might re-work the video at a later date.

You can download it from http://www.allcw.com, then look under "What's New." To download it to your computer so that it doesn't keep pausing while buffering, right-click on the link and select "Save Target As."

Again, let me know what you think or of any problems.

Thanks,
Jon

Kenm810
01-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi Jon
Great job !! I tried the save Target as, It Downloaded in less then 15 Seconds. Opened the file and there You were.

I love this pc when it works :)
Thanks You'll see me here often
Ken

DustMe
01-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi Jon,

I reveived a codecs error when I ran the file the first time in Media Player. I tried it again and in several other players and now I get sound but no video.

Steve

Jon Jantz
01-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Steve, you may need to update your codecs in Media Player... I made this video in .AVI format to avoid having to package all the other files with it, like on the first one I posted...

If you can't get it to work and this is a common problem, I'll see what other format I can do it in...

Thanks, Jon

DustMe
01-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks Jon, I will see if I can update my version of Media Player.

Steve

Jon Jantz
01-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Steve, I'm about to repost the video in .WMV format and I'll see if this works better for everyone...

Try it and see if it works for you...

Thanks, Jon

DustMe
01-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Sounds good Jon.

I wish I would have paid more attention to the codecs error I received...there are a lot of them out there and I think the message told me which one I needed.

Steve

cherman
01-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Tried the tutorial in Windows Media Player 10.. Could only get the audio. Will try some other players soon.

C . Wayne Herman

rgant05
01-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Just for feedback... I use Firehand Ember for pictures and .avi and it didn't work with it. Said "processing error"

BobHill
01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Worked fine for me.

Bob

cherman
01-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Jon,

Updated my Windows media file and now the tutorial works fine.
Thanks so much for helping a graphic NOVICE!

C Wayne Herman

Jon Jantz
01-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Guys and gals...

I tried every different format with all kinds of different Codecs... and this program seems to like .AVI the best... I did several different .WMF files but the video quality was not as good and the file size was twice as big...

Tried several older Codecs and it made the .AVI file size a lot larger as well...

So, I can either do like I did before and do it in Flash, where I have to zip it all into a folder or do it as a .AVI and try to work out the problems...

Still figuring this out and trying to get something that works good for everyone with a minimum of problems...

One thing to try, I noticed they have this Codec for download here: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp It's the TechSmith Screen Capture Codec or TSCC.

Thanks very much everyone for your patience... I'm hoping this is worth the trouble!! LOL

Jon

DustMe
01-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Jon that did the trick. I downloaded and installed the codec and your video fired right off in Media Player.

Thanks so much for all the help you are giving to those of us who are just learning how to use CorelDraw. It would have taken me weeks to figure out what I have learned so far form your two tutorials.

Steve

wallyign
01-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Mine work fine now too...

Thanks very much for great Corel setup info.

wally

rgant05
01-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Jon,
That did the trick for me too. I don't know anything about codecs nor how they work, or even what they are, but my Firehand Ember that I normally use for AVI and basic handling of pictures now works with the avi that you first provided.

Fantastic job on setup instruction. I have been a user in the distant past (version 6) but this is still very very helpful to getting me along in using X3. For those who might not have to learn various new programs.. I can tell you what Jon is showing us would take months of messing around and trying different thing to find and learn some of what he is showing us.

Jon, don't forget to put the "tin cup" on your new website. I know you are not doing this for money and what might be donated won't pay for what you do, but you deserve to recover a little bit from the time you spend on this. Hope you continue. Your assistance translates into less wasted time and more time we can spend on generating patterns and creating projects in designer.

Thanks,

Roger

alexa
01-28-2007, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the tutorial. I worked well for me and I appreciate the tips.

Thanks agains for your efforts.

Al

Lucky13
01-30-2007, 08:14 AM
That was an awesome presentation! If you can you show how to clean-up a pre-existing design or image. These video's are very helpful for us rookies. :D

Thanks again,
Lucky13