PDA

View Full Version : 3D Modeling question

Hoheboe1
07-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Do you have to purchase both the 2D and 3D modelilng suites to create desirable patterns?
I have some artistic drawing ability but want to be able to bring them to life.

AskBud
07-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Do you have to purchase both the 2D and 3D modelilng suites to create desirable patterns?
I have some artistic drawing ability but want to be able to bring them to life.From your question, I see that you are better equipped than the average bear.

If I had a restricted budget, my first choice would be the 3D package as it provides a wealth of contour variations. The 2D package gives us items that some may already have in Corel or Aspire. 2D is an economical alternative. Having one or both (2D & 3D) should negate the major need to purchase or master Aspire or Corel to accomplish the task.

I bought both, and I'm learning quite a bit as my shared lessons might indicate.
AskBud

Hoheboe1
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks for you reply. I was holding back until I could get more information on these products. I do have a limited budget and wanted to make sure the new programs would take me to a whole new level. I watched the AskBud videos, but they were fairly basic, not alot of detailed creativity.

AskBud
07-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks for you reply. I was holding back until I could get more information on these products. I do have a limited budget and wanted to make sure the new programs would take me to a whole new level. I watched the AskBud videos, but they were fairly basic, not alot of detailed creativity.Please be advised that I'm learning the ins & outs of the new software, on the fly, as I make the "Part-1" series. I'm not, in any way, trying to do anything but help folks get a basic feel for the new tool. Michael Tyler and LHR are both working on tutorials as well, which I expect will be much more involved.

Before I drove a car or van, I walked, and then had a bike, next a moped, and I'm still not ready for a Greyhound or a Semi!
AskBud