PDA

View Full Version : 3d patterns

eelamb
07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Can someone answer this question.
Using the 3d functions in designer:
Can we use the make pattern or other feature and save as a PTN, or is it limited to MPC format?

If saving is only to MPC, then you will need to purchase the 3d package in order to carve patterns shared, or made by others, since if you do not purchase the 3d package you can not upload to the card. But if you made your design into a PTN, then anyone can carve the pattern created.

RMarkey
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
When grouped, they can be made into patterns.

mtylerfl
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Can someone answer this question.
Using the 3d functions in designer:
Can we use the make pattern or other feature and save as a PTN, or is it limited to MPC format?

If saving is only to MPC, then you will need to purchase the 3d package in order to carve patterns shared, or made by others, since if you do not purchase the 3d package you can not upload to the card. But if you made your design into a PTN, then anyone can carve the pattern created.

Hi Eddie,

We have had the Make Pattern feature for quite awhile now - became available in 2008 when the programmers added that capability in version 1.131. As Metallus said, when you Group the elements on your board (in this case, the 3D Shapes you create with the new 3D Suite), you right-click on the Group name (in the Carving List), and a pop-up menu appears showing the Make Pattern option (or you can select the Group name, then click on the Make Pattern icon - either way, it's the same).

Here is a link to the original Tips & Tricks with the info on how to use the Make Pattern feature (on pages 6 and 7): http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Sept08.pdf

It might be worthwhile for everyone to read that over again, as I expect a lot more folks will be making their own patterns now!

lynnfrwd
07-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I''m expecting (hoping for) the PatternDepot to explode with new patterns available!

eelamb
07-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks, knew of the make pattern and have used it many times. Was just wondering if the new 3d suite had this ability. You answered my question.