PDA

View Full Version : License error

DavidL
07-03-2012, 09:28 PM
All I'm trying to do is install the designer software on a new Win 7 64bit Machine. I sent tech support an email, but was given instructions on how to install it. Of course after going through the trouble of uninstalling it, reinstalling as the instructions said, I'm still having the same problem.

The software installs and seems to run fine. The problem is I cannot register it. I understand the licensing scheme has changed, but I should still be able to register and use the software. Doesn't matter what I do it will not register. The registration sees the machine serial as already registered. The only other thing I can think of is to install the original software and just try and update it, which opens another can of worms. The wife "put it up" and now I can't find the original install disc. :roll:

Can someone please tell me what I need to do in order to get this registered and running again?

eelamb
07-03-2012, 09:53 PM
David, since this is a new computer, I am wondering if you already have your 2 copies of the software registered. Go to your profile page and see if it shows 2 licenses being used. If so you will have to contact LHR Thursday to have one removed so you can register this new license.

Edit:
Start designer, click help click login to account. Now login in and see all your licenses.

DavidL
07-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks Eddie... I know I do actually. I'll email them about it.

Thanks again.

lynnfrwd
07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Doesn't matter what I do it will not register. The registration sees the machine serial as already registered.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do in order to get this registered and running again?

Sounds like you are filling out the form and trying to register a machine serial number that is already registered...to you. Select the option that says I already have an account. All you need to provide is username and password to Customer Account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
07-03-2012, 11:57 PM
If it is just a matter of already having two computers, look at your customer account and let us know which to deactivate. If one is the same computer ID as the one you are updating, it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidL
07-04-2012, 08:23 PM
That has to be the problem... 2 computers registered. They can both be deleted actually. I'll only be using this new from now on.

ladjr
07-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Can we delete one ourselves or does LHR have to do that ?

DavidL
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM
It looks to me that they have to do it. I tried editing it the other day and nothing happened when clicking the links in there. Would be nice to have that control though.... And much less waiting time.

DavidL
07-05-2012, 04:31 PM
That was the problem. 2 computers already registered. They removed the old computers and I've registered the new so, looks like I'm good to go.

Thanks for the help! :)

lynnfrwd
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I said this at the conference and will suggest it again here....always call us to remove an old install as soon as it is no longer necessary or valid, so that it is available when you need it. Otherwise, the time that you WILL need it to be removed will be on the weekend or a holiday...almost every time. That is one thing I cannot do remotely.