PDA

View Full Version : CW Step-by-Step Design Projects 2012 Conference

lynnfrwd
07-03-2012, 02:22 PM
I will be uploading the lesson plans from the conference. They use patterns that were given out to the conference attendees, but are available under PatternDepot > Collections > 2012 CarveWright DISCOVER Conference for $40.00. It includes a collection of 9 different patterns that were created with the new 3d Pattern Modeling software. They are also available individually at $5 each.

YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE TO PROJECT DESIGNER VERSION 1.184 in order to use them.

thebytedoc
07-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Hey Lynn, I have slept since the conference. I believe Joe did a session using the scanning probe and talked about a trick to set max depth to clearly delineate the actual carving. I don't remember the detail of that session and did not find that presentation in the notes from the thumb drive. Do you know if that presentation is avail to refresh my memory?
Regards, Doc

thebytedoc
07-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Sorry, Connie. I have been looking at your posts and got "Lynn" stuck in my head (doesn't hurt that my sister is Nancy Lynn :))

lynnfrwd
07-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Was it the Summer Sun one? Or was it just an example on the fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myshop1044
07-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Good morning Doc, If you go to Carvewright.com, look under lerning section there is a Tips and Tricks (2009)on the Scanning Probe.
It will show you all the tricks.

Perry B.

LittleRedWoodshop
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
So am I to understand that you want $199 for the software and then I have to spend $40 for the sample files that go along with the Step-by-Step Design Projects.

lynnfrwd
07-04-2012, 12:27 PM
So am I to understand that you want $199 for the software and then I have to spend $40 for the sample files that go along with the Step-by-Step Design Projects.

Design projects are not new suites. It's 9 patterns to carve. You can Try and not buy and still follow the design projects. You just can't carve until purchased and activated.

henry1
07-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Design projects are not new suites. It's 9 patterns to carve. You can Try and not buy and still follow the design projects. You just can't carve until purchased and activated.

were are those 9 pattern for 40 dollars

lawrence
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
were are those 9 pattern for 40 dollars

http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=23878&cat=258&page=1

Here they are Henry-- a little tough to find on the site, but they are there

Lawrence

henry1
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=23878&cat=258&page=1

Here they are Henry-- a little tough to find on the site, but they are there

Lawrence
When you try and download were do they go,, I got them alright

lawrence
07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
open up your patterns (shell) area in designer, they are in their own tab in there

Lawrence

henry1
07-04-2012, 01:25 PM
got it thx now I can play aroud with it did you try it yet did you get the new software yet

mtylerfl
07-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey Lynn, I have slept since the conference. I believe Joe did a session using the scanning probe and talked about a trick to set max depth to clearly delineate the actual carving. I don't remember the detail of that session and did not find that presentation in the notes from the thumb drive. Do you know if that presentation is avail to refresh my memory?
Regards, Doc

Hi Doc,

You may also find it helpful to view the instruction video I made for the Scanning Probe a few years ago (all the principles apply - except the very beginning part where it says plug the cable into the Z-Truck...that has changed...the cable plugs into the accessory outlet on the newer machines). Here is a link to the Scanning Probe Video:

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/learn/probevideo.php