PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is the right Place or not, but....

crash5050
07-02-2012, 03:25 PM
I am attempting something that should be simple. I have created 2 ovals, and then some text in the middle. I want the text to stand proud and pocket out the material around it, and I cannot get it. Attached is my attempt, if there are instructions somewhere I would appreciate the help.

Crash

RMarkey
07-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Change the text to "raster mode" and you should be happy.

AskBud
07-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I am attempting something that should be simple. I have created 2 ovals, and then some text in the middle. I want the text to stand proud and pocket out the material around it, and I cannot get it. Attached is my attempt, if there are instructions somewhere I would appreciate the help.

CrashYou have applied centerline text in error. It is for recessed carving only. I think if you just select the "Raster" text option you will be fine.
AskBud

crash5050
07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
It is true, I am happy v:) Thanks

crash5050
07-02-2012, 03:41 PM
One more odd question, is there way to delete the "waste" from a rendering. For example, I have a cutout on the outside oval, and all I want to show is the stuff inside the cutout?

AskBud
07-02-2012, 03:48 PM
One more odd question, is there way to delete the "waste" from a rendering. For example, I have a cutout on the outside oval, and all I want to show is the stuff inside the cutout?As you apply the Cut-path, you may "Flip" the cut to the outside of the line, and "Hide" the outer portion of the board. Without the "Flip" the inner portion may be hidden.
AskBud