PDA

View Full Version : Probe won't plug in

seathis
07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Okay, I realize this is almost so simplistic as to be ridiculous, but here it is. I have a C machine, and I purchased a new probe from the conference. When I go to plug it into the top left side outlet, using the extension, it just won't plug. I read that the small plastic release may be top or bottom. I've tried both. It just doesn't make a secure enough attachment for the machine to recognize the probe is attached. Additionally, it just doesn't 'look right', if you know what I mean. Any thoughts and any suggestions appreciated? Thank you.

chebytrk
07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Can you post a pic to take a look at it?

seathis
07-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Sure, thank you, I will post when i'm back by the machine this evening.

seathis
07-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Lo and behold, I go to the machine camera in hand, and decided to give it another try. It went perfectly and the sensor now reads "closed". I have absolutely no idea what I did differently this time but looks like problems solved at least this time. Many thanks for your offer of help.

lynnfrwd
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Another case of "not holding your mouth just right". LOL.

By the way, Thank You So Much for all of your assistance during the conference. I couldn't have done it without you!

Connie

seathis
07-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Sorry, Connie, just saw this message. Right--I have no idea why I couldn't plug in the probe. It's one of those Duh moments.

But I enjoyed working at LHR for a few hours :-D. With the conference in my backyard, I wouldn't feel right about not pitching in to help out. And I know all of you worked hard to make the conference fun and informative. I want to say thank you for the entire event. I met great people and learned a ton.