PDA

View Full Version : cut out overlapping

bamaman315
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I have been trying to cut out the lincon coin bank (face and back) and when it goes to cut out the pattern the second part of the bank overlaps the first section, I have already replace the board tracking assy. I am lost as what could be wrong. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! !!!! I only have 27 hours on the machine.

cestout
07-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Try measuring the board front and back (7 in the menu). If you can measure ok, the board should track correctly - and don't forget the masking tape on the tracking corners.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
If I understand your question correctly, the Cut Path is offset in the X Direction and cutting in a area you don't want...?

IF so.... It is simply the board is loosing contact with the brass roller and moving in the X Direction until the brass roller encoder reads correct for the computer but due to the board loosing contact, the board moved without the computers knowledge causing the cut to be OFF.... That is one long run on sentence....

A Sled, Carrier board, longer board, or boards taped on the ends of the blank would help along with masking tape on the brass roller track of the bottom of the board. See my picture with a 5 pass cut path and the board lost contact with the brass roller 4 times....

SO... If that is NOT the issue....Then we have seen that when you have "RESTRAINTS" on the location of the Cut Path or Vector or even Pattern.... The for example you turned the restraint lines from green to YELLOW locking them say 2.5 inches from the centerline... Then is the board is slightly different in real life, the Restraint pulls the cut path to a incorrect location... AFTER doing the Design of the project, go back and Right Click on any YELLOW restraint Numbers and select remove restraint I believe is the term.... But it is a Right Click to get to the menu.

Good Luck,

AL