PDA

View Full Version : Pierced pattern inside carve region.

badbert
06-29-2012, 12:30 AM
The LOML asked me to design her a pair of shelves. I have decided on a heart theme. With two Picture frame hearts on the shelf backing. And two Hugging heart shelf brackets.

Starting with the backing I want the hearts frames to be raised. So I apply a carved region to the whole board at the same depth. But when I do the pierces go away. See HeartShelfback.mpc.

I am using the hugging heart patterns to use as shelf brackets. But i want the bottom corner of the board to not get cut off. Like this54272 . See HeartShelfBracket.mpc.

AskBud
06-29-2012, 04:29 AM
The LOML asked me to design her a pair of shelves. I have decided on a heart theme. With two Picture frame hearts on the shelf backing. And two Hugging heart shelf brackets.

Starting with the backing I want the hearts frames to be raised. So I apply a carved region to the whole board at the same depth. But when I do the pierces go away. See HeartShelfback.mpc.

I am using the hugging heart patterns to use as shelf brackets. But i want the bottom corner of the board to not get cut off. Like this54272 . See HeartShelfBracket.mpc.This would lend itself to another AVI lesson, but I'll try to put the reply into words for now.
Let's delete everything but the pattern and the corner lines.

Now remove the Pierce option and return the pattern to its original depth (I guessed at .300).
Next, I highlighted the corner, clicked the Connected Line Icon and made the corner a triangle. I then moved it to assure the desired placement. I followed that by making it a carve region of .300 ( the same at the depth of the pattern).

Next, I drew a connected line figure to encompassed the 3 voids in the hearts. Once that was done, I made that figure a carve Region with a depth of .750 (the same as your board thickness). You will find a lesson titled "Without Pattern Editor Part-1 (Mountains)" in my download link below, if you need to see this concept.

Last, I highlighted the pattern and the triangle, applied the Outline option, deleted all outlines other than the perimeter, and applied my Cut-Path.

Let's see if this gets you what you wish.
AskBud54275

badbert
06-29-2012, 05:22 AM
A picture might be worth a thousand words, but your videos are priceless! Anxiously awaiting the next video, Bud! Thank you Bud!

AskBud
06-29-2012, 05:39 AM
A picture might be worth a thousand words, but your videos are priceless! Anxiously awaiting the next video, Bud! Thank you Bud!Did my words do the trick, or do you need more assistance?
AskBud

badbert
06-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Sorry Bud. I won't be back at that computer until this afternoon. I will let you know then. Thank you.

badbert
06-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes Bud I figured it out, thanks to your video about removing mountains. Delete outside path path and then pierced the inside path. Ironic enough, in your video, the path didn't complete. So you made it bigger... That is what made it work for me as well! I made the pattern bigger. Then I outlined pattern, threw away the outside. Grouped the pattern and the path and resized them back to the original size. I hope that made sense!

AskBud
06-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes Bud I figured it out, thanks to your video about removing mountains. Delete outside path path and then pierced the inside path. Ironic enough, in your video, the path didn't complete. So you made it bigger... That is what made it work for me as well! I made the pattern bigger. Then I outlined pattern, threw away the outside. Grouped the pattern and the path and resized them back to the original size. I hope that made sense!Sounds good! There are usually several ways to skin-the-cat. Enjoy your CW.
AskBud