PDA

View Full Version : Bit Plate Stuck

campy76
06-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Hello,
I have about 20 hours on my machine and I just encountered when it tells you to load a bit, it will find the depth on the wood, but when it slides to the right to touch the bit plate, the but plat does not extend as usual, what do I do?
Jon

unitedcases
06-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Can you move the bit plate freely? If so it may need just touch of lube. I use bicycle chain wax. If the truck isn't extending far enough though then you may have some wires or something hanging up keeping it from going all the way over. Inspect the travel going from left to right with the power off to make sure everything is operating as it should.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2.

AskBud
06-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Turn the machine off and move the Truck by hand and see if you can accomplish the task with no extreme pressure. There could be several reasons for the contact not to be made, or the plate to move stiffly.

1) The Truck travel may be impeded by dirt on the rail, or in the track. Lube on the track or blowing out the inside of the track may help.
2) The Truck belt may not be tight enough (The adjustment is made by changing the tension on the Right end of the track).
3) The Bit Plate may need a spot of lube.
4) Check for a set of wires to be blocking the Bit Plate movement (They are just beyond the Plate, and should not touch). Move them toward the main cut motor. They actually impede the truck from contacting the Bit (touch) Plate with enough force to move it in place.
5) As a last item, you may have a frozen Y-truck bearing.
AskBud