PDA

View Full Version : Merging Patterns without losing detail

Ton80
06-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Wondering if someone can help me figure this out. I have the golfball pattern purchased and I'm trying to place another pattern of text on the golfball. The problem I keep having is getting the text pattern to show but without creating any loss of detail to the golfball pattern

I've tried a number of merge settings and height/depth settings but I just can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone understand how to work with these settings in such a way that I can get the text to merge with the golfball without losing detail in the golfball dimples?

SteveNelson46
06-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Ton80

Try setting the depth of the golf ball to .5 and the text depth to .125. Also set the bit optimization to best

unitedcases
06-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Have you tried to conform your text just to see how that would look?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2.

Ton80
06-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Steve,

That looks pretty good. I suppose I should have mentioned that I am actually enlarging this to about 24". When I enlarge this to the final size I need, the detail sort of goes away again. Any further ideas on how to maintain the detail of your version when I enlarge everything? If you take what you did and select "all" just scale everything up so the golfball is roughly 24" and you will see how the detail goes away... Maybe this is just due to the scaling up and there isn't much I can do without using a thicker project board to further lower golfball pattern?

SteveNelson46
06-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Ton80

I expanded the golf ball to the width of your board. It looks like the pattern was designed at a depth of .719.

SteveNelson46
06-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Ton80

I didn't see that your project board thickness was actually set for .719. This is as deep as the pattern can be set. Also, are you planning to carve this project in 2 halves? 15 inches is the max width for a Carvewright Project!

Ton80
06-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Steve,

Yes, two halves. So to achieve the same level of detail or contrast on the enlarged pattern, I would have to increase the depth which means I either need to live with the way it looks on my current project board or use a thicker project board