PDA

View Full Version : looking for a pattern

katec911
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have a mpc of the boyscout emblem? I am in dire need of one to make a thank you gift from a friend who just made eagle scout. I tried to use a clip art but dont know how to make it into 3D and while I am anxious to learn how to, I need to have the completed project done by Tuesday so I am in a time crunch... any help would be appreciated! Thanks

ladjr
06-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Can you post the emblem you have

AskBud
06-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have a mpc of the boyscout emblem? I am in dire need of one to make a thank you gift from a friend who just made eagle scout. I tried to use a clip art but dont know how to make it into 3D and while I am anxious to learn how to, I need to have the completed project done by Tuesday so I am in a time crunch... any help would be appreciated! ThanksThe reason you are having a problem finding this emblem, is that it is copyrighted and the BSA is touchy on its commercial usage.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
06-23-2012, 08:12 PM
I was going to stay out of it... but Ask Bud is Correct.... More Cease and Desist Letters come from BSA than any other.... EVEN for a Gift you may get a knock on the door...

I visit the Laser Engraving and Award Forum's and it is mentioned often.. BSA and VFW are the quickest to jump you...

Enough said.... This has been posted to death many times.. It is just when a new user with 16 posts and has not even considered it to be a problem to cut a logo that we post a "Friendly" post.... "Tread Lightly".... The Search Bots that park on Forums like this "Sniffing" out "Bad Boys" as they get a "Bonus" when they find a Live one.... The Logo Narc.... LOL....

Just be careful.... And Sports Logos.... Another NO NO...

A Laser Engraver on Sawmill Creek has a BSA License to make a few things but it costs Thousands and when HE goes to shows and finds "Other" Laser Engravers doing a BSA Logo and selling it... He just asks for a Business Card and turns it in..... Why should HE pay Thousands and having to pass the cost on to the Customer and another UN Authorized Engraver Undercut his price and still make a profit.. It's all about Money... The Posts about FREE Patterns being posted HERE then show up on a CD for SALE on eBay is all about MONEY..... eBay makes money from IT so they turn a "Blind Eye".... It's Always About MONEY....:roll:

WELCOME !!!!

AL