PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tutorial or place that shows capabilites or how tos for centerline text

lishmantr
06-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello fellow Carvers. I am a newbie, got my machine about a month ago and just purchased the centerline text and now need to find info on its capabilites and any other useful information. I have been looking for tutorial or somethingtohelpme get started with it and cannot find. Could someone help in pointing me to how to use this software and its capabilities. Thanx in advance

lishmantr
06-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Sorry for vague post. I am looking for info on using Centerline text and the capabilities of centerline text or its uses. Can someone point me to a place to find more information on using centerline text.

ladjr
06-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Askbud has a vudieo on centerline type this site http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud%20downloads.htm

AskBud
06-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Sorry for vague post. I am looking for info on using Centerline text and the capabilities of centerline text or its uses. Can someone point me to a place to find more information on using centerline text.Start with these LHR step-by-step tutorials.
#4 covers Centerline, but start with #1.
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/learn/designertutorials.php

After that, go to my "Download" link below and you will find all sorts of lessons and other links as well.
AskBud

lishmantr
06-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Okay thanx guys. Much appreciated!!!!

lishmantr
06-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I have a question about tutorial #4. I am trying to follow the directions to replicate the project and find it confusing. I am on page 3 and have drawed the line segment at the top of page and when i go to page 4 it says to do same at bottom of page with arcs on either ends angling up. So how do you get the arcs and the segments that are angling down from top and the segments that agle up from bottom segemement. It doesnt really tell that step. And next it says to use the arc tool again but I havent found anywhere where it says to use it or how to use it. Askbud can you help me out?

cestout
06-22-2012, 04:31 PM
If you mean the arching, in the text editing window flat is in the center, move it one way to arch up and the other to arch down. You can see the effect in that window. I my opinion, you really need to spend another $50 and get conforming vectors. We hollered a long time to get that feature added.
Clint

AskBud
06-22-2012, 05:29 PM
I have a question about tutorial #4. I am trying to follow the directions to replicate the project and find it confusing. I am on page 3 and have drawed the line segment at the top of page and when i go to page 4 it says to do same at bottom of page with arcs on either ends angling up. So how do you get the arcs and the segments that are angling down from top and the segments that agle up from bottom segemement. It doesnt really tell that step. And next it says to use the arc tool again but I havent found anywhere where it says to use it or how to use it. Askbud can you help me out?It appears that they presumed that you learned the concept from another lesson.
I'll opt to guide you through the process with the use of the "Connected Line Tool" rather than the line segment. We will draw the entire closed box in one operation . You will have already done the Snap-to-Grid operation at the top of page #3. Your grid is 1/4 inch.

Let's begin The Connected Line at the top, as they did. Two lines from the top, and starting at the 8th grid-line from the Left edge (click one time). Move your mouse to the Right until you are on the 8th grid-line from the Right edge, and click once. Now, move to the Right 2 lines and drop down 2 lines and click once. Next, move down until you are 4 grid lines from the bottom and click once. From there move down 2 lines and Left 2 lines and click once. Continue Left until you are on the same vertical grid line as the top dot that you began with and click once. Next, move Left 2 lines and up 2 lines and click once. Now, move up until you are 2 lines below your starting red dot grid (which is 4 from the top of the design) and click once. Last, move on a diagonal upward and to the Right until the original beginning red dot glows and click twice. This should give you a "Closed Figure" similar to the first 2 pictures on page #4.

To make the diagonal sections into arcs we will Right click on that portion of the line, which is where we will select FORM and ARC. This will give us a .5 inch arc. Repeat this function for each corner. We may then change the arc(s) to the desired .8 Inch, by Right clicking the Radius number and editing the setting.

Let's see if this gets you going in the correct direction.
My "Download" link has a similar lesson titled "Rounded Corners on a Box".

AskBud