PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Murray
06-20-2012, 02:23 PM
I have just purchased a machine and am very overwhelmed. Thinking I am to old to learn new tricks. I live in rural Saskatchewan, I am a carpenter by trade and love all there is about wood. I am not very computor savey. Did'nt realize I needed to be when I ordered the machine.
Look forward to joining your group.

atauer
06-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Welcome Murray!!

Just because you are not computer savvy does not mean you cannot achieve great things with your machine. This machine will teach you things, great things. Sure, you may have ups and downs with it, but everyone has a some point in time, even the great and almighty of this forum.

Don't let the machine intimidate you. Take things slow, read, and ask questions, lots of questions. The folks here enjoy taking the time to help out others.

Again, welcome.

fwharris
06-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Murray,

Welcome aboard! Like Alex said do not let the computer end scare you away. There are a lot of resources to help you out. I have put together a bit of information that might be helpful.

http://www.ringneckblues.com/CarveWright_Resources.php

Everyone here well help guide you along...

CNC Carver
06-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Welcome Murray,

Just ask for help or do a little searching on this forum. I'm sure we can get you carving.

rcdages
06-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Murray,

Welcome aboard! Like Alex said do not let the computer end scare you away. There are a lot of resources to help you out. I have put together a bit of information that might be helpful.

http://www.ringneckblues.com/CarveWright_Resources.php

Everyone here well help guide you along...

Floyd is 100% correct.
Great to have you in our family.

Murray
06-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone.

Digitalwoodshop
06-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Tips and Tricks will be your first stop to read what WE as users have learned.... I bet any question you have about the machine has been asked before..... And the tips and Tricks is the Questions ANSWERED before you even thought to ask it..... Knowing that when you crank the head TOO High that a hole in the Jacking Screw is provided to PRIME the Threads by reading 1. The Manual and 2. Tips and tricks is PRICELESS on a Sunday Afternoon as your trying to get a project done.... Knowing the FIX before you need it is PRICELESS.... So many First Posts.... "I cranked the head up and now it only clicks to go down...?" Reading the Manual and Tips and Tricks makes you an Informed Carver....

WELCOME !!!!!

AL

rossclark
06-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Murray welcome to the forum.There is alot of Good information and people that know more than I .You can still call me anytme. Montana is your neighbor.

easybuilt
06-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Welcome to this fine and helpful community Murray!

lawrence
06-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Welcome, and let us know how we can help you succeed!

Lawrence

ladjr
06-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Murray

Welcome to the Forum, I sure you will enjoy the Carvewright.

b.sumner47
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Murry, Welcome Aboard !!. We're here as a fellow CarveWright owner . Stay intouch and say hello, once in a while show us your work, if you like. If you run into a problem let us know and we'll try to help.

Capt Barry