PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Fund Raiser Cash Collector.

rickroy
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Okay, this was a simple project but I thought that I would pass it on to the other community spirited fellow craftmen out there. The project was to build containers that would be counter top displays to raise funds for our annual fireworks display. The fireworks sets us back $18,000 and it is all raised by donations. The coffee cans of last year were just ugly and no one wanted them on their counters. So here is what we did. 4" diameter (turns out that it is actually 4.06" diameter and you are right, that is important!) drain pipe (cheap! $7 / 10 ft at Home Depot) cut into about 12" lengths. 12' of 1"x6" machined in a CW resulting in a very snug fitting top, as well as a base for the pipe. Some red paint, a pipe cleaner and some glitter finished the project. Well no, scrubbing the glitter off of the deck finishes the project! This was fun. I'm a newbie in MAssachusetts and I am looking forward to seeing you in Houston in two weeks! Check my fledgling website: www.pioneervalleywoodart.com

mercer57
06-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Cool Idea,:)

jaroot
06-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Turned out nice.

ladjr
06-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Nice web site, and great idea on the fund rasier.

Leo

CNC Carver
06-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Nice job on making a fundraiser collector match the cause.

rickroy
10-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Okay, this was a simple project but I thought that I would pass it on to the other community spirited fellow craftmen out there. The project was to build containers that would be counter top displays to raise funds for our annual fireworks display. The fireworks sets us back $18,000 and it is all raised by donations. The coffee cans of last year were just ugly and no one wanted them on their counters. So here is what we did. 4" diameter (turns out that it is actually 4.06" diameter and you are right, that is important!) drain pipe (cheap! $7 / 10 ft at Home Depot) cut into about 12" lengths. 12' of 1"x6" machined in a CW resulting in a very snug fitting top, as well as a base for the pipe. Some red paint, a pipe cleaner and some glitter finished the project. Well no, scrubbing the glitter off of the deck finishes the project! This was fun. I'm a newbie in MAssachusetts and I am looking forward to seeing you in Houston in two weeks! Check my fledgling website: www.pioneervalleywoodart.com (http://www.pioneervalleywoodart.com)

So I am going to the airport in Hartford CT to pick up my wife on a late night flight. This is late June ... just before the CW Conference in Houston. While waiting in the baggage claims for my lovely bride, I got a phone call on my cell and an official was asking the whereabouts of my car. I confirmed that I was indeed parked at the airportr. He asked me to go talk to some troopers ner my car. Someone had spotted one of these counter coin collecters in the back of my car and phoned in a bomb threat! The troopers were in no mood to laugh about it. They read me the riot act! Beware of terrorist with big red bombs covered in glitter with a pipe-cleaner fuse! Enjoy your day!

b.sumner47
10-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the northeast, beware of funny looking object left in the backseats, BooM !!! Good Luck on on your fundraiser.

Capt Barry