PDA

View Full Version : eagles club logo

stanv77
06-13-2012, 10:16 PM
i have been tring to carve a large eagles logo for my local eagles club. I have converted it to dxf and carved it once but did not like the way it turned out.
The eagle part of the logo carves ok but when it comes to the wording around the edge it outlines the letters. The letters are pretty small and chip out and they would difficult to paint. Can anyone help me get the letters on the logo so I can carve them with centerline instead od outline. I convert the logo on coral draw and thype in the wording and then do a fill to the letters but when I take it to designer the letters go back to outline. I am sure I am doing something wrong but don't know what. Can anyone help me? My pattern is to big to attach and I am not sure how to reduce it so I can attach it. If someone can help I think I can e-mail it if I have an address. Or explain to me how to reduce the pattern.

AskBud
06-13-2012, 10:38 PM
i have been tring to carve a large eagles logo for my local eagles club. I have converted it to dxf and carved it once but did not like the way it turned out.
The eagle part of the logo carves ok but when it comes to the wording around the edge it outlines the letters. The letters are pretty small and chip out and they would difficult to paint. Can anyone help me get the letters on the logo so I can carve them with centerline instead od outline. I convert the logo on coral draw and thype in the wording and then do a fill to the letters but when I take it to designer the letters go back to outline. I am sure I am doing something wrong but don't know what. Can anyone help me? My pattern is to big to attach and I am not sure how to reduce it so I can attach it. If someone can help I think I can e-mail it if I have an address. Or explain to me how to reduce the pattern.From what you stated, I think you are still trying to bring the text in to Designer from Corel.
Just bring in the Eagle, without the text. Once that is in Designer, add the Centerline text.
AskBud

stanv77
06-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks Bud
That worked purfectly. I guess that was to easy. I was tring to make it to hard. Tomorrow I will try to do the carvings. I will see you at the convention in a few days to thank you i person.

Thanks again
Stan