PDA

View Full Version : Software for a older model Unit.

Tagwatts
06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
The Compucarve is a Model A or first edition. I have read and not sure exactly where, that I should not use the software that came with the machine. So my question is, What software should I purchase for this machine. I do want to have unnecessary problems if I can avoid them. This is still a first for me. I would appreciate any advice on the matter. I hope I have asked this question in the right place. I do not want to offend or cause problems here, just looking for help:-D

chebytrk
06-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I also have "A" machine Compucarve. You should use the latest software that is out which is 1.82. This can be downloaded from the Carvewright web site. Is your machine registered with Carvewright?

lynnfrwd
06-12-2012, 03:37 PM
You can access latest version 1.182 at www.carvewright.com under LearningLab > Getting Started in Section 1.1 or 1.2 CW Project Designer Software Latest Version.

Deolman
06-12-2012, 05:19 PM
The price is right on the software - free. You will have to register it or it will expire in 30 days. You can place it on, and register it, for 2 PCs. Don't forget to upgrade your memory card after the update. The latest software is much better than what came with your machine.

Don't forget the wealth of information in the Tips and Tricks. You can find a link on CarveWright's main webpage. They are likewise free and well worth the time to read them to get you going. They will save you a lot of learning experience.

Digitalwoodshop
06-12-2012, 07:59 PM
I believe LHR has WARNED US to NEVER LOAD the OLD "A" Version CD as the program has changed so much that by loading the CD first will give you problems... So DON'T load the CD... On line download is BEST....

And do a search on the 14 and 18 pin FSC Cable issues if you still have the old 18 pin cable... Installing a new 14 pin cable in the old 18 pin socket will destroy your machine... So Know.... 14 or 18...

AL