PDA

View Full Version : Making info shared at the conference available to non-attendees

Ton80
06-12-2012, 09:03 AM
I really wish I could afford a trip to attend, especially with the announcement of the new software package that will be shown. I read in another thread that you have no intentions of video taping or making the conference available via streaming. This is too bad and while I know time is short I really think you could help out so many more carvewright users by reconsidering this ;) I don't know what the cost would be but I have to say that I wouldn't blink an eye lid if you asked for $100 for access to all the seminars either via stream or recorded video. I think it would be a win for both CW and the majority of users that won't be able to make the trip... that is assuming the majority can't make it but maybe I'm in the minority?

mtylerfl
06-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi,

Many times, presenters do not want to be video taped at events like this (me being one of them). However, I believe there are plans to create some tutorial videos for the general public later on.

CNC Carver
06-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I agree it would be nice. But we have gotten the answer that it will not be done this year.

lynnfrwd
06-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Not only is it the presenters, but every single attendee would also have to agree. Bottom line is, we do not have the staff or resources to add this to our list of things to do and pull off during the conference.

Ton80
06-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I understand. If finances were better and work was steady, I would come down in a heartbeat. The whole trip would end up just over 1K and then I would still want to purchase the software which would put me at close to 1.5K and I haven't even gotten my bar tab yet ;)

mtylerfl
06-12-2012, 01:30 PM
I understand. If finances were better and work was steady, I would come down in a heartbeat. The whole trip would end up just over 1K and then I would still want to purchase the software which would put me at close to 1.5K and I haven't even gotten my bar tab yet ;)

I would have loved to meet you in person at the conference - that's the most fun for me - meeting the people from the forum and beyond! Hopefully, I'll get to see you at a future CW seminar or conference. In the meantime, several of us will be making videos and sharing more information as time marches on!