PDA

View Full Version : Any dragons patterns?

newcarver
01-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Anyone have any dragons patterns that will work? Or any fantasy oriented patterns. Wizards, dragons, sci-fi.
I've looked around the web and mostly all line art thats just to erratic for a good carving. I have adobe Illustrator, photoshop and image ready, but have not had alot of luck greyscaleing any pics of dragons due to the detailing. Another thing i've tried is scrollsaw patterns, some are halfway decent, but not alot.
Any help or patterns would be appreciated.

Not trying to sell this, just carve for my own use

BruceM
01-27-2007, 05:36 AM
A quick and easy find for any image that you may want is at www.google.com. Above the search box is: Web Images Video News Maps more>> click the Images, type in dragon. When I last checked they had about 1,490,000 images.
Hope this helps~Bruce

BobHill
01-27-2007, 09:15 AM
The main problem with the example you have shown is that it's all in Black and White, not shades of gray. Remember that ALL Raster images are CARVED and the height of the bit is determined by the shades of gray with white being highest and black being the lowest (or vice versa as you wish) for the depth you set. Thus this drawing would have highs and lows, but nothing in between. No 3D to it at all and it would cut like a scroll saw except only to the depth you set, not all the way through unless that's the depth set. You can add the shades of gray in Illustrator, and that's the trick. Experimentation on how to make the right gradient for the right curves, etc. You've got the equipment to do it, however with those programs.

Bob

HandTurnedMaple
01-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Here's 2 fantasy dragons. I probably also get Oriental dragons if needed.

newcarver
01-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats what i've been trying to find and or create, but i'm not having much luck, these will work great!!
Let me know if there is anything inparticular you are looking for..

HighTechOkie
01-27-2007, 04:32 PM
I'd appreciate a copy of your oriental style dragons, HandTurnedMaple.

TIA

Rob

HandTurnedMaple
01-27-2007, 06:59 PM
OK, here's two Oriental Dragon Patterns.

Aaron B
01-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the dragon patterns, I have wanted some I just never bothered to ask yet.