PDA

View Full Version : Can't jog to position

Azpark
06-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Can't get my machine to jog to position. I have a 13"x5" board loaded and the carving is 1"x1" . It will let me jog about .05" and thats all. I have looked back at some 2008 posts about jogging but nothing has helped. I was hoping to put the carving esentially any place on the board.
Any suggestions ?
thanks

AskBud
06-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Can't get my machine to jog to position. I have a 13"x5" board loaded and the carving is 1"x1" . It will let me jog about .05" and thats all. I have looked back at some 2008 posts about jogging but nothing has helped. I was hoping to put the carving esentially any place on the board.
Any suggestions ?
thanksThis little tid-bit is from the machine manual. It is accessed via the Designer software using the HELP button.
"
Also it is important to note that the machine knows the size of the material loaded and the size of the project being carved. It will not jog to a starting corner that will position any part of the carving outside the boundary of the loaded material."

When you bring up the PDF file, click on EDIT > FIND, and type the word JOG. You may then walk through each instance of the word in the text.
AskBud

bergerud
06-02-2012, 05:54 PM
What is the size of the project board in Designer? I am guessing it is 13" X 5". It is not the 1" by 1" size of your carving area. Make the project board 2" X 2" in Designer (it will give a warning but proceed) and then you can jog the center anywhere within 1" of the real board edge.

Digitalwoodshop
06-02-2012, 08:59 PM
IS the physical board 7 inches longer than the Designer Board... Could be you selected to stay under rollers and the project is scaled to a tiny area that YOU are able to access... YOU may be trying to access a area that is now "Stay Under the Rollers".... Just for the heck of it.. Load a LONGER board and see what happens...

AL

Azpark
06-03-2012, 09:34 AM
All goood comments. I'm learning.
Thanks

AskBud
06-03-2012, 09:52 AM
All Good comments. I'm learning.
ThanksThat's good! However, we would like to know if you resolved your issue(s). If so, others may benefit from your solution/fix. Otherwise, this thread may grow due to trying to get to your source of the problem.
AskBud

Azpark
06-04-2012, 08:58 AM
I think it is related to your original comment that the machine knows the size of the board and the project. I was thinking that the project is my 1"x1" carving but that obviously isn't the case. The actual board size was just slightly bigger than the 13 x 5 project thus I could only jog a small amount. I have since used a larger board and was able to jog ok.
Like I said, I'm learning.
thanks

RMarkey
06-04-2012, 09:59 AM
As you scroll through projects on your card at the machine, the dimensions of the project are listed on the second line of the LCD. I think everyone should check this before starting a project just to make sure the wood they're going to use is correct for the job.

cestout
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I have learned thru experience to watch the size in the window, but also to watch the "Quality" when loading the carving bit. I have had it change to draft from best.
Clint

RMarkey
06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
overriding the carve quality at the machine will override it for all future carves. 'default' uses the project's carve quality.

Digitalwoodshop
06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
overriding the carve quality at the machine will override it for all future carves. 'default' uses the project's carve quality.

Along that same line for me I have 4 Memory Cards one loaded with long term projects like my Tags and then three with Signs in
progress. So the question? If I am using 4 cards and I change it to lets say "Draft" on One Card... Will the other cards see this when used? I am thinking that the Operating System is on the card so each card is it's own Operating System.

I just wonder this as sometimes I see post about quality and it is easy to see how someone can trip themselves up not knowing that tip. 99.9% of the time the Quality Issue if just someone new using a .jpg picture with lots of noise to make a pattern and just not knowing better... Pilot Error... Machine works fine.

Thanks,

AL

RMarkey
06-04-2012, 03:35 PM
It's stored in the controller, so it would affect all memory cards.