PDA

View Full Version : Cannot resize object

Fireman Phil
01-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Here is a maltese cross I designed. When I try to resize it, it becomes obscured. Some parts will enlarge/shrink while others wont. Any suggestions?

-Phil

pkunk
01-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I increased your board size to 14x14 and grabbed the little yellow sizing triangle to stretch it. Worked for me. :D

HandTurnedMaple
01-26-2007, 10:01 PM
I see what you mean Phil. pkunk, drag it way out and you will see the curves change. It also does this when expanded less. Unfortunately all I can say is readjust the curves after expanding. Or create it in a drawing software.

pkunk
01-26-2007, 10:07 PM
But, of course. :)

rgant05
01-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Part of the problem is that you have locked in the lengths of the lines in the drawing ie imposed constraints (as denoted by the yellow diminsions) When you grab the sizing handles (yellow arrows) and drag, you are increasing the size and scale of the drawing....BUT all of your lines still have the length constrants still locked in. If you will remove all of the constraints on the line by right clicking and selecting remove constrains (diminsions turn blue) you will find that those lines will now increase along with the scale of the drawing. You should be able to resize it as you desire and maintain the design components relationship to each other. Summary, you were wanting to change the size of the design but you were telling it to keep certain parts of the drawing constant.